Established in the year 1990, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya is a constituent college of the University of Delhi and is NAAC accredited with ‘grade B’.
With 15 NIRF Rank, this deemed institute offers nine under-graduate Honors programs across different fields like Computer Science, Electronics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, English, Commerce, and Bachelor of Management Studies.
The college also offers bachelor programs in Physical Science, Life Science, Mathematical Science, and Bachelor’s in Arts.
Admission to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is completely merit-based in the qualifying examination, as per the rules laid down by the University of Delhi.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Highlights
|Accredited To||NAAC B Grade|
|Affiliated To||Delhi University|
|Courses Offered||UG and certificate programs|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based /Entrance Test|
|Facilities||Library, Auditorium, Gymnasium, Computer Center, Laboratories etc.|
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Courses Offered
The details of the courses offered by the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College are provided below:
|Bachelor of Management Studies||
|BA (Hons.) (English)||
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Admission
Admission to the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is completely done based on the candidate’s merit in the qualifying examination.
Admission to BCom (H), BSc (H) and BA (H) is granted on the basis of 10+2 marks and in the best of four subjects. Admission to the BA course is granted to the students who have passed 10+2 exams.
BMS admissions are done on the basis of 10+2 marks and DU JAT score.
How to apply?
The detailed step-by-step procedure
- Visit the official website of Delhi University.
- Click on the ‘New Applicant Sign Up’ to create the user account followed by ‘New Registration’.
- Fill the application form with correct details.
- Pay the requisite amount of application fee online using Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Upload the necessary required documents in a prescribed format.
- Click on the final submit button to submit the application form.
- Download the duly filled application form and take a printout of the same and keep it safe for future references.
The following documents are required for admission to DDUC:
- Class 10 and 12 Mark Sheet
- Class 10 Certificate
- Migration/ Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate (if any)
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Placements
The college has a dedicated Training & Placement cell which helps the students in getting placed in some of the top companies.
The placement cell organizes various workshops and mock interviews to train the students for the placement process.
Some of the prominent recruiters over the years include:
|Vardhaman Recruiters||Concentrix||S&P Global||Royal Bank of Scotland||FIS Global|
|IDBI Federal Life Insurance||Aditya Birla||TCS||Wipro||ICICI Bank|
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Facilities
The facilities offered by the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College are given below:
- Library:;The College has a library with a selection of over 2229 Volumes of books, 45,000 documents. The library collection consists of textbooks, reference books, bound volumes, journals/magazines, newspapers, and other non-book materials such as CD-ROMS/ DVD, Audio Cassettes, etc. in different subject areas. There is also an e-library service.
- Hostel:;The institute has two hostels, one for boys and one for girls. Each hostel has a total number of 45 furnished rooms which are available for allotment to students. The rooms are allotted on a twin-sharing basis. It aims to provide a convenient and comfortable stay.
- Cafeteria:;The College has a spacious air-conditioned cafeteria with a seating capacity of around 100. It provides healthy and hygienic food.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College FAQs
Ques. How are the accommodation facilities in the college?
Ans.;There are separate hostels for boys and girls with facilities like Well-furnished Spacious rooms, Hygienic food, and other facilities. The students are provided with the best experience with well-equipped air-conditioned rooms with facilities like Wi-Fi, bookshelves, study table etc.
Ques. What is the fee structure for BMS at Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College?
Ans.;The duration of BMS at Deen Dayal Upadhyaya is 3 years and the fee structure of the first year is INR 22,345 approximately. The total course fee is INR 70,000 approx.
Ques. How is the placement cell in the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College?
Ans.;The Placement cell is dedicated to providing its graduates with all necessary guidance in their efforts to find jobs. In order to promote contacts between businesses and graduates, the Training & Placement service operates all year round.
Ques. What are the lab facilities available at Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College?
Ans.;The college has state-of-the-art 21 laboratories equipped with the latest scientific and computing equipment.
- Computer Labs – 4
- Physics Labs – 4
- Electronics Labs – 3
- Chemistry Labs – 3
- Botany Labs – 2
- Zoology Labs – 2
- Zoology Museum–1
- Botany Museum–1
- Language Lab–1