School of Open Learning was established in 1962 and is affiliated with the University of Delhi. SOL DU provides numerous undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the stream of Arts and Commerce where the intermediate of instruction is education materials and online content.
School of Learning, University of Delhi provides learning over the distance education method based on audio-video speeches which is a practical alternative technique for learning for the candidates who look for a flexible mode of commands to achieve higher education.
Admission to SOL, DU will be done either based on the merit in the qualifying exam or on the performance in the entrance exam. There is a reservation in the total seats for SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates in all the courses.
SOL DU Highlights
|Also known as||SOL DU|
|Affiliated to||University of Delhi (DU)|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
|Application mode||Online or Offline|
|Admission Criterion||Merit and Entrance exam based|
|Mode of Education||Full time and Distance|
|Top recruiter||TCS, Wipro, HCL|
SOL DU Courses Offered
School of Open Learning, Delhi University provides programs such as BA, BA (Hons), BCom, and BCom (Hons) in several specializations at the undergraduate level.
The School of Open Learning provides MA and MCom as these are the only academic programs offered at the postgraduate level.
Below stated are the details about the courses offered by the School of Open Learning, Delhi University:
SOL DU Admissions
Candidates can apply online for every program or course offered on the official website of the School of Learning, University of Delhi.
Admission of qualified aspirants to all the Undergraduate courses is offered based on the merit of the Class 12 exam.
Admission to Postgraduate programs will be done based on the candidate’s performance in the DU JAT entrance exam which is directed by the University of Delhi. Those who have accomplished their graduation from the University of Delhi will be admitted based on grades in the qualifying exam.
SOL DU application procedure for all the programs start in May each year. Students must submit the application fee of INR 500, INR 250 for SC, ST and PWD groups to apply for each program.
How to fill the application form?
Students can follow the below-mentioned steps in order to fill the SOL, DU application form:
- Application form can be obtained from the Main Center of North Delhi Campus or from South Study Center at South Moti Bagh at the expense of INR 500 which is INR 250 for SC or ST or PH.
- In the application form, a Demand Draft drawn in approval of ‘The Executive Director, SOL DU’ To be paid at New Delhi as the application charged a fee.
- Fill the application form with correct details and submit it to the center with the desired documents.
Students have to keep the following documents ready for admission to the SOL, DU:
- Class 10 Certificate and Mark Sheet.
- Class 12 Mark Sheet.
- Bachelor’s degree (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if belong to reserved category)
- Two passport size photographs of the student.
- Transfer as well as migration certificate for students outside Delhi.
SOL DU Facilities
In the School of Open Learning, the University of Delhi provides basic facilities in the North and South campus which are great and they provide the need of candidates. Even if it is a distance learning course, necessities for study material to the candidates are provided so that students can make usage of it.
- A giant study room with a seating capacity for over 200 candidates assists students to study in peace and concentrate on the course work.
- Candidates can use the Computer and can be provided with online amenities and e-resources.
- Books, Periodicals, Journals, magazines, newspapers are all available in the library and online content will be accessible 24/7.
- The program or course materials are mailed to the candidate and are modernized from time to time so that the candidates are up to the most recent.
SOL DU Placements
SOL DU has a dynamic placement cell that benefits in exploring choices of more studies to safeguard an ideal job opportunity.
Several employers take part in the presentations, talks, and workshops organized by the school Placement Cell. Nearly 60% of the candidates got placed in the SOL DU placements in 2019.
Almost 20% of the candidates got positioned in TCS, while 15% of the candidates got placed from SOL DU in HCL and 10% in Infosys.
The highlights of SOL DU placements 2019:
- Highest package: INR 14 LPA
- Average package: INR 4.8 LPA
- Lowest package: INR 2.4 LPA
Few of the top recruiters that have visited and recruited candidates from the SOL DU are as follows:
- NIIT Technologies
SOL DU Scholarships
Several scholarships like All India Post Graduate Scholarships, University PostGraduate Scholarships, National Scholarship and DSE Merit in the subject Economics can be availed by the candidates of SOL DU.
A few of the scholarships are stated below:
- South Campus Endowment Scholarship: A value of INR 250 per month is presented to South Campus candidates based on merit for a period of 10 months.
- Three Rotary Club Scholarships valued at INR 1,000 per month for a maximum of one year are presented to postgraduate candidates enrolled at South Campus.
SOL DU FAQs
Ques. Which College is better: DU SOl or IGNOU?
Ans. SOL DU offers a few courses which are BA, BA (Hons), BSc, BCom, MA, MCom. Though the extent of the IGNOU course program is varied. IGNOU comprises a whole of 226 courses that contain many undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in distance mode. IGNOU has the benefit of 56 Regional Centers, 11 Recognized Regional Centers, and almost 2000 Learner Support Centers crosswise the country.
Ques. Does SOL DU offer good career opportunities to students?
Ans. SOL and DU regular course degrees are acknowledged by UGC and are good adequate for any job a student wishes for. But SOL DU is deliberated best for even now working applicants or aspirants who are formulating for any competitive exam. Then DU regular programs are excessive for better exposure to the course and related fields.
Ques. How can a student contact the School of Learning, University of Delhi?
Ans. A student can contact the SOL DU by School of Open Learning, 5, Cavalry Lane, University of Delhi, Near University Metro Station, Delhi-110007. +91-011-27667666, EOC +91-011-27008427, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. And South Study Center at Old Moti Lal Nehru College Building, Tel.011-24104037.
Ques. How many classes should a student attend in the SOL DU?
Ans. DU SOL classes are accompanied on Saturday and Sunday of each week but there is not any obligation of attending classes frequently. Students can formulate for the examinations by themselves and appear at the time of the examination only.
Ques. Can a student transfer from SOL DU to the University of Delhi’s regular mode?
Ans. The candidate having an astonishing grade in the School of Learning, University of Delhi examinations can transfer to the University of Delhi regular mode. Admissions will be approved in the same subject itself.