NIFT Mumbai is one of the 16 National Institute of Fashion Technology in India. It is ranked 2nd for Fashion Design by India Today 2019. NIFT Mumbai was established in 1995 as the “Fashion Capital of India”. The institute is spread across 10 acres of land with the latest and World-class facilities.
NIFT Mumbai offers a total of 23 Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in design streams. Admission to the UG programs is done on the basis of;NIFT;entrance exams that include GAT and CAT followed by a situation test. While admission to M.Design and MFM courses is provided on the basis of GD and PI. Admission to Continuing Education (CE) programs is through an interview round.
The institute provides separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls. NIFT Mumbai has highly equipped labs and machine rooms. It also holds a decent record in providing placements to its students. Some big companies like Decathlon, Nykaa.com, Monte Carlo, visit the campus for campus recruitment.
NIFT Mumbai Key Points
- NIFT Mumbai was set up under the Ministry of Textile, Govt of India.
- The college has gained a good reputation and has reached the epitome of academic excellence with its thought of leadership on different fashion platforms.
- Candidates seeking admission to NIFT Mumbai are required to apply online.
- It is a public institution established in 1995.
- NIFT Mumbai had a 37% placement rate as of 2019.
- 20% of the total seats are reserved for the students of Maharashtra
- The college offers employment opportunities to students across all NIFT Centres.
NIFT Mumbai Ranking
- NIFT Mumbai ranks in the 5th position among all the NIFT centers across India.
- Ranked #2 for Fashion Design by India Today 2019
- Ranked #3 for Fashion Technology by The Week 2019
- It was ranked 1st by Outlook in 2018
NIFT Mumbai Course and Fees
NIFT Mumbai offers various UG and PG courses such as B.Des, M.Des. B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech, MFM. The details of the same are tabulated below:
|COURSES||PROGRAM DETAILS||SELECTION CRITERIA|
||GAT and CAT scores and Situation Test|
|B.F.Tech (Apparel Production)||
||GAT + CAT +GD/PI|
||GAT + CAT + GD/PI or GMAT for Foreign Nationals|
NIFT Mumbai Cut-Off
Tabulated below are the details of NIFT Navi Mumbai Cut-Off 2019:
|B.F.Tech (Apparel Production)||120|
|B.Des Fashion Design||134|
|B.Des Fashion Communication||183|
|B.Des Textile Design||322|
|B.Des Accessory Design||407|
|B.Des Knitwear Design||418|
NIFT Mumbai Placements
NIFT Mumbai offers placements to its students in a centralized manner, candidates can opt for Pre-Placement offers (PPOs) or on-campus placements. PPOs are a part of the NIFT curriculum under which students undergo internships, training, project work, etc. The NIFT Mumbai Placement 2019 highlights are as follows:
- NIFT Mumbai had a 37% placement rate as of 2019. However, about 99% of job opportunities were offered to B.F Tech students.
- The highest salary package offered to the students is INR 12 LPA.
- The average salary package offered to the students is INR 5-6 LPA.
NIFT Mumbai Top Recruiters
|AMPM||Bata India Limited||Emerald|
|Future Group||Cactus Menswear Fashion Pvt. Ltd||Nykaa.com|
|Monte Carlo||Eskay Home Collections Pvt. Ltd.||Gaurav Gupta|
NIFT Mumbai Scholarships
NIFT Mumbai offers scholarships to deserving students, meritorious students, and to those students who belong to the economically weaker section of the society.
SARTHAK- This is a financial assistance scheme provided to those undergraduate and postgraduate students who fall under the following criteria:
- Those who have a parental income ceiling per annum is 1.5 lakh. Such candidates will get a 100% tuition fee waiver.
- Candidates whose parental income ceiling is about 1.5 lakh. Such candidates will get 75% financial assistance.
- Candidates whose parental income ceiling is above 2.5lakh to 4.0 lakh. They will get 50% of financial assistance in the tuition fees.
How to avail of scholarships?
Eligible candidates seeking scholarship facilities offered at NIFT Mumbai shall fill up the online application form which will be made available on the institute’s official website.
Ques. How to secure admission in design courses offered by NIFT Mumbai?
Ans. To confirm their admission in NIFT Mumbai, candidates need to secure good marks in the NIFT entrance examination and perform well in the selection test round.
Ques. What are the number of seats available in NIFT Mumbai CE Programs of a duration of 6 months?;
Ans. NIFT Mumbai offers a total of 20 seats in its CE course for Fashion Business which is offered for less than 6months.
Ques. What is the seat intake of the M.Des course offered at NIFT Mumbai?;
Ans. NIFT Mumbai provides admission to 37 candidates in its M.Des program. However, it can extend up to 58 seats.
Ques. What is the mode of application for admission to NIFT Mumbai?;
Ans. The mode of application for admission to NIFT Mumbai is online. Candidates shall register themselves on the official website of NIFT Mumbai.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission to NIFT Mumbai?
Ans. The following documents are required during NIFT Mumbai Application Process:
- Caste/Tribe/class Certificate ( if any)
- Image of a scanned signature and photograph.
- Disability certificate (if applicable)