Mudra Institute of Communication, popularly known as MICA, is an autonomous, non-profit institute approved by AICTE. The institute offers 2 Post Graduate Diploma programmes, 1 Fellowship programme and 1 Certificate programme in Management stream. The institute also offers a wide range of online programmes in the fields of Advertising Management and Public Relations, Digital Marketing, Media and Entertainment Management. Admissions to on-campus courses are provided on the basis of MICAT which is conducted by the institute itself.
MICA provides 100% placement assistance and has collaborated with various international organizations as well. The average CTC offered is INR 13.8 LPA and the top recruiters are Amazon, Google, Adani Wilmar etc. Along with best placement opportunities, the institute also provides various academic facilities.
MICA – The School of Ideas, Ahmedabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1991 | Autonomous|
|Approved by||AICTE, NBA|
|Entrance Exams||MICAT/ CAT/ XAT/ GMAT|
|Courses Offered||PG and Research Level|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Top Recruiters||Adani Wilmar, Aditya Birla, Amazon, Google, Deloitte, Mahindra|
|Facilities Available||Library, Cafeteria, Sports Complex, Health and Medical Centers, Auditorium etc|
MICA – The School of Ideas, Ahmedabad Awards/ Achievements/ Ranking
- MICA has been awarded as one of ‘The Economic Times Best Education Brands’ in 2017.
- The institute has also been recognized in India’s Top 30 best institutes in areas of research and publications in the Careers360 publication.
- The institute was ranked 43 for MBA by Jagran Josh 2019.
MICA – The School of Ideas, Ahmedabad Courses
MICA offers Post-graduate Diploma and Certificate programmes in various disciplines as mentioned below:
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM/ PGDM-C)||
|Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)||
|Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Crafting Creative Communication (CCC)||
MICA – The School of Ideas, Ahmedabad Admissions
MICA provides admissions to PGDM and FPM programmes on the basis of MICAT and FPM Admission Test respectively. However, candidates with a valid score in CAT/ XAT/ GMAT need not to appear for MICAT. The additional selection criteria for FPM is that candidates must hold Professional Work/Research Experience in Media and Communication. All candidates irrespective of the course will be required to appear for GD & PI rounds.
How to Apply?
The application procedure at MICA is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the MICA.
- Click on ‘Apply Online.
- Applicants need to register themselves with a valid email id and contact number.
- After the successful registration, candidates will receive an email with MICA ID and password.
- Login with the generated credentials.
- Fill the application form and pay an application fee via online mode.
MICA – The School of Ideas, Ahmedabad Placements
MICA provides a 100% placement assistance to its students and trains them to be business leaders. The students are also offered internships and pre-placements. The 2106-18 batch received the highest international salary package of INR 35.27 LPA while the highest domestic package was INR 12.3 LPA. Among hundreds of recruiters, some of the top recruiting companies are Amazon, Publicis Group, Wipro, Amul, Raymond, Tata Global Beverages, L’oreal, Bajaj Auto, Google, Reliance Brands, DB Corp, Bajaj Electricals, Havells, Upgrad, Essel Group, E&Y, FirstCry.com, Grofers, Gulf Oil, REC and Target, Lenskart etc.
Below are the placement reports over the past few years:
Final Placement Report:
|Average CTC||INR 12.8 LPA||INR 13.9 LPA||INR 5.5 LPA|
|Highest CTC||INR 58.2 LPA||INR 58.2 LPA||INR 8.5 LPA|
Summer Placement Report 2019-21:
|Average CTC||INR 98,349|
|Median CTC||INR 80,000|
|Highest CTC||INR 3.3 LPA|
MICA – The School of Ideas, Ahmedabad Scholarships
MICA has offered various scholarship programs to help the students gain their desired knowledge. Academic performance, economic background and attendance are taken into consideration. For the academic year 2020-21, out of 20 scholarships, 8 were for PGP-1 and 2 and 2 for the CCC programme. Below are the details:
- FPM students are provided a stipend of INR 27,500 per month for the first 2 years and INR 29,700 and INR 33,000 for 3rd and 4th years respectively. In addition to the stipend, a contingency grant of INR 15,000 in the first year and INR 30,000 in each of the second and third years is also provided.
- For PGDM and CCC students, scholarship amounts upto 25% of the annual fees per student in the programme.
MICA – The School of Ideas, Ahmedabad Facilities
MICA provides its students with some of the best infrastructural and academic facilities. Below mentioned are the highlights:
- MICA provides all the necessary facilities for a comfortable stay at the campus.
- The infrastructure is good with wifi connectivity.
- The food served in the cafeteria is also hygienic and of good quality.
- The libraries have a large collection of books and journals and Labs are well maintained.
- Proper health care facilities are present.
- There is a sports complex for various sports activities like tennis, volleyball courts, etc
- Gym facilities are also available on the campus.
MICA – The School of Ideas, Ahmedabad Faculty
The faculty members at MICA are well skilled and experienced and most of them have a master’s degree at minimum. The faculty at MICA is categorized as Core Faculty, Adjunct Faculty and Visiting Faculty. All the faculty members are experts in their area of interest and dedication to providing their students with extensive knowledge of the business world. The faculty details are as follows:
- Core Faculty: 31
- Adjunct Faculty: 13
Ques. What is MICAT?
Ans. MICAT is a Computer Based Test that has been designed comprehensively to assess the knowledge and skills that the applicants have in the fields of media, marketing, advertising, and business. It includes psychometric, analytical, and reasoning tests. MICAT is an institute level test conducted twice a year by MICA, Ahmedabad.
Ques. Can a candidate appear in both the MICATs?
Ans. Yes. A candidate is eligible to appear in both exams but has to fill two separate application forms by paying the registration fees and as per the timelines. Shortlist will be prepared on the basis of MICAT-1and /or 2 or better of the two performances if a candidate has taken both MICAT-1 and MICAT-2.
Ques. Which foreign universities have collaborations with MICA, Ahmedabad?
Ans. MICA allows student exchange and learning programs with various international universities and organizations. MICA has collaborated with several foreign organizations such as Sankt Augustin, Germany, University of Southern Denmark, University of Tampere, etc
Ques. How do you prepare for the MICAT & GE-PI?
Ans. The MICAT has been designed as a comprehensive test to assess various skills of a candidate. GE and PI consist of a series of interactions with the candidates to assess their suitability for the Strategic Marketing and Communication driven industry sectors. This does not require any prior preparation.