Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences is a college that offers Postgraduate, Research, Certificate as well as super-speciality courses in the medical stream such as DM, M.Ch., PhD, etc. SGPGI has been ranked at number 4 and 5 for Medical programs by NIRF in 2019 and 2020, respectively.
It offers entrance and interview-based admissions to students in all the respective courses. The most common entrance test accepted by the college is NEET-PG, the revised cut-off for which stood at 30 percentile equivalent to 275 marks for the general category, in 2020.
SGPGI Lucknow Highlights
|Established | Type||1983 | Public|
|Affiliated By||Medical Council of India (MCI), Association of Indian University (AIU)|
|Courses Offered||27 across 2 streams|
|Popular Courses||MD, M.Ch., PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Entranced and Counselling Based|
|Exams Accepted||NEET PG, NEET SS|
|Campus Area||550 Acres|
|Facilities Provided||Gym, Cafeteria, Library, Laboratories, AC Classrooms, Hostel, Sports Complex, Hospital, Auditorium, Academic Zone, Bank, Shops, Post – Office|
SGPGIMS Lucknow Rankings
Over the past couple of years, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences has been featured in the list of top colleges twice:
SGPGI Lucknow Courses Offered
The detailed information of courses offered by Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences along with their details is tabulated below:-
|COURSE||COURSE DETAILS||SELECTION CRITERIA|
||NEET PG and Counselling Based|
||NEET SS and Counselling Based|
||CSIR / UGC / NET and Counselling Based|
|Post Doctoral Certificate||
||Entrance and Counselling Based|
SGPGI Lucknow Admissions
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences offers entrance-based admissions to all the courses. The entrance tests are usually followed by an interview or counseling round. Those students who manage to clear both the entrance test and interview round are granted admissions.
The entrance tests accepted by SGPGIMS are NEET PG, NEET SS, CSIR, UGC, and NET.
How to Apply?
The application mode for SGPGIMS is offline. However, before applying for the college itself, aspirants will have to fill the application form for the entrance test and then the interview session.
How to Apply for the Entrance Exam?
- Visit the official website of the respective entrance test.
- Register yourself by creating a user ID and Password.
- Fill in the relevant details in the application form.
- Upload your contact details.
- Submit the scanned photographs of self-attested ID Proofs.
- Select venue for examination (up to 3).
- Submit the application fees.
- Download the admit card when available.
After the commencement of the entrance exam, students who have successfully cleared it will have to apply for the interview round.
How to Apply for SGPGIMS?
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Give the required credentials in the application form.
- Submit the rank/percentile/marks of the entrance exam.
- Upload the scanned photographs of ID Proofs
- Select the venue for counseling/interview.
- Submit the application fees.
SGPGIMS Lucknow Cut-off
The following table is the course – wise cut-off rank of Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences for the general category students:
|MD Nuclear Medicine||2655-2655|
|MD Blood Transfusion and Immunohematology||0750-10750|
SGPGIMS Lucknow Placements
The placement cell of SGPGIMS has successfully placed numerous students in various firms and hospitals. After the placement. Candidates get jobs like Dental Surgeon, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Medical Representative, etc.
The median salary package offered after the placement is calculated to be around INR 60,000. Moreover, SGPGIMS also offers internships and stipends up to 25,000 to worthy individuals.
SGPGIMS Lucknow Facilities
SGPGIMS offers numerous services and facilities to its students, some of which are listed below:
- Library: The college library of SGPGIMS consists of more than 450 books, e-books, and journals on various specializations of the medical stream. The books are available to every student on a returnable basis.
- Hostel: The college offers hostel facilities to students with a minimal hostel fee. Moreover, the hostel is divided into two sections, one for unmarried candidates and the other for married students.
- Hospital: SGPGIMS possesses a hospital for medical emergencies with more than 600 beds. Furthermore, candidates can also get paced into the same hospital after graduating from SGPGIMS.
- Apart from these amenities, the college also facilitates services like Computer Labs, Academic Zones, Cafeteria, Transportation, and Shopping facilities.
SGPGIMS Lucknow FAQs
Ques. Is the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences a good college?
Ans. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences is undoubtedly a good college for the medical stream for numerous reasons. It has been featured in the list of top colleges for 2 consecutive years, offers entrance and counseling-based admissions, imparts quality education, and offers good placement offers.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of NEET PG?
Ans. National Eligibility cum Entrance Et for Post-Graduation course is an online entrance exam conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE). NEET PG opens the doorway to PG courses in the medical stream such as MD, MS, etc.
- The duration of NEET PG is 180 minutes.
- A total of 200 objective-type questions are asked.
- The maximum marks are 800.
- The paper is divided into 3 parts: Part A of 50 marks, Part B of 100 marks, and Part C of 150 marks.
- For each correct attempt, 4 marks are awarded.
- However, for every incorrect attempt, there is a negative marking of 1.
Ques. What are the documents required for NEET PG?
Ans. While applying for the NEET PG exam students will be needed to upload the scanned photographs of the following documents:-
- Passport Size Photo
- Marksheet of 10t, 12th, graduation, and PG(for research courses).
- ID Proof – Aadhar Card, PAN Card, etc.
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Scanned copy of the signature
Ques. What is the maximum number of attempts for NEET PG?
Ans. There is no bar on the age limit as well as the number of attempts for NEET PG. Therefore, students can appear for the NEET PG as many times as they want without any age limit.
Ques. Does SGPGIMS offer scholarship facilities?
Ans. Despite being one of the top colleges for medical sciences, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences fails at availing scholarship or fee concession facilities to students hailing from the economically weaker section of the society.