In 1856, Khallikote University Berhampur was established as a school, and in 2015, it became a full-fledged university. Khallikote University at Berhampur (KUB) is a unitary university in Berhampur, Odisha, with a strong research emphasis. It was established by the Odisha government and is accredited by the University Grant Commission (UGC).
Khallikote University Berhampur graduates are hired by well-known companies such as IBM, HCL, Wipro, and Infosys, among others. Only Postgraduate courses in Biology, Economics, Management, and Media are offered at the university.
The task is to educate and train people so that their specialized knowledge, abilities, and ability to learn, interact, and solve problems will be respected.
Admission to the university is by entrance test, and applicants can apply free for admission both online and offline.
Khallikote University Colleges
Khallikote University has five constituent colleges, which are as follows:
- Khallikote (Autonomous) College, Berhampur
- Sashi Bhusan Rath Government Women’s College, Berhampur
- Government Science College, Chhatrapur
- Binayak Acharya College, Berhampur
- Gopalpur College, Gopalpur
Khallikote University Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Khallikote University -[Kub]|
|Established | Type||2015 | Public Institute|
|Courses Offered||Post Graduate|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam, Merit-based|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Basic Eligibility||Graduation with at least 50% marks in aggregate|
|Accepted test scores||CUCET, OSUCET, MAT, XAT, CAT, and OJEE|
|Facilities||Hostel, Gym, Library, Sports, Alumni Association, etc.|
|Campus area||5 Acres|
Khallikote University: Courses Offered
The following are the courses provided by the KUB.
|MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION [MBA]||
|Master of science [M.SC.]||
|MASTER OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE [M.LIB.I.SC]||
|MASTER OF ARTS [MA]||
Khallikote University Courses
Postgraduate programs at the university offer a variety of classes. The following are the Master’s programs offered by the university:
- M. Sc. in Biosciences and Bioinformatics
- Master in Natural Resources Management and Geo-informatics
- Master in Library and Information Science
- Master in Economics and Management
- MBA in Travel and Tourism Management
- Master in Mass Communication and Media Technology
Khallikote University: Admissions
The university accepts students based on their ability to pass the entrance exam. Applications for such courses will be available both online and offline. The university’s admissions procedure is as follows:
- Admission to the postgraduate program will be based on results from the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) and the Odisha State Universities Common Entrance Test.
- For the MBA program, a valid OJEE / CAT / XAT / MAT score will also be considered
- Candidates must pass either the national level CUCET or OSUCET through SAMS Odisha to be considered for various courses.
- For the collection, 70 percent of the weight will be assigned to the entrance exam and 30 percent to the academic scores.
- Scores from the OJEE, CAT, XAT, and MAT will also be considered for any remaining seats.
- The university will publish the results on its website.
- The selected candidates will have to participate in the KUB counseling process.
- 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Category Certificate if applicable.
- Provisional Certificate.
- Valid ID proof.
- Passport size photograph.
- Proof of residence.
- Candidates must receive an application form from the university’s official website, which is usually available in May.
- Candidates must complete the application form and print a hardcopy of it before submitting it to the university’s administration department along with the necessary documents.
- The admission fee is payable by Demand Draft in favor of Chairman, PG Council, Khallikote University, payable at Central Bank of India, Khallikote College Branch, Berhampur.
Reservation of candidates is done as follows :
Khallikote University: Placement
The university is committed to developing students’ skills and assisting them in seeking jobs. Every year, between 60 and 80 percent of students are placed in reputable companies. The following are KUB’s top recruiters:
Khallikote University: Facilities
- Hostel:Separate hostels are provided for both boys and girls. The rooms are well-ventilated and furnished with fans, tube lights, and other necessities. A cot, a chair, a table, and a cupboard are given to each student (locker). It has a mess also in there.
- Canteen:Canteen for students, staff, and faculty. In addition to serving breakfast, lunch, high tea, snacks, and drinks, the canteen can also provide food for various campus activities.
- Advanced Technology Lab & Digital library:The University’s computer labs are well-equipped, with 16 high-end computers and one server. Printers and LCD projectors are two examples.
- Laboratory:Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Plant Molecular Breeding, Infection Biology, Developmental Biology, Biodiversity Conservation, Microbiology, Bioprocessing Technology, Immunology and Immunogenetics, Remote Sensing and GIS, Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Chemistry, and Ecotoxicology are among the lab facilities available for research and teaching.
Khallikote University: Faculty
|FACULTY NAME||TITLE||SUBJECT EXPERTISE|
|Dr. Jogeswar Panigrahi||Professor||Plant Molecular Breeding|
|Dr. Sushil Kumar Pathak||Associate Professor||Infection Biology|
|Dr. Saswat Sourav Mohapatra||Assistant Professor||Microbiology, Molecular Biology|
|Dr. Sunil Kumar Behera||Assistant Professor||Bioprocessing Technology|
|Dr. Aditya Kumar Panda||Assistant Professor||Immunogenetics|
|Dr. Manoranjan Mishra||Associate Professor||Remote Sensing And GIS|
|Dr. Bikram Sen Sahu||Assistant Professor||Geoinformatics And Environmental Sciences|
|Dr. Jyotshna Sahoo||Associate Professor||Preservation & Conservation|
|Mr. Hemanta Kumar Biswal||Assistant Professor||Digital Library|
|Dr. Manoj Kumar Dash||Associate Professor||Marketing Analytics, Retail Analytics, And Econometrics|
|Dr. Bandita Kumari Panda||Associate Professor||TV/ Video Production, Film Appreciation, Media Commercials, Educational Media|
|Ms. Ritu Tiwari||Assistant Professor||Marketing & Cargo Management|
Khallikote University: FAQs
Ques: What is the average salary package offered through placement?
Ans:The Average salary package is from 23K to 27K.
Ques: Does the university provide a Distance learning Course?
Ans:The university does not offer a distance learning program since it only offers a full-time regular program.
Ques. Does the University provide a scholarship facility for students?
Ans.Yes, the University provides a scholarship for the students to the academic performances and is provided to the SC/ST category candidates.
Ques. Does the University provide a hostel facility?
Ans.Yes. Hostel facilities have been provided for both Boys and Girls.
Ques. How are admission seats allocated at Khallikote University?
Ans.Seats will be assigned based on CUCET ratings, SAMS Odisha scores, and the OJEE entrance exam results. Other entrances that are expressly required for a particular course are also approved.
Ques. What is the CUCET exam format?
Ans.CUCET will be conducted offline. There will be 100 MCQs and the duration will be 2 hours. There will be a +1 mark for every correct answer and -0.25 for every incorrect answer.