Delhi College of Arts, established in 1987, a public college recognised by AICTE, New Delhi. It offers UG courses such as BA and BCom in Honours/Programme. To secure admission in these courses candidates must apply online on the official website, the admission is offered on the basis of merit of the last qualifying exam. The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce invites some great recruiters such as ICICI Prudential, Zee Media, L&T, Zakoopi, offering appreciable packages to the students.
|Establishment||1987 | public|
|Approved by||NACC ,UGC|
|Courses offered||B.A and B.Com Honours/Programme Degree|
|Recruiters||ICICI Prudential, Zee Media, L&T, etc.|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit based|
|Facilities||Library, Sports, cafeteria, Wifi, Labs, transport and Laboratories|
DCAC offers various bachelors courses in the Arts and Commerce. The courses offered by the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce are:
|B.A General||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate
|B.Com General||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum of 60% aggregate
|B.Com Honours||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum 60% aggregate 50 % in maths
|B.A Honours||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 45% aggregate Subjects: English, History, Journalism, Economics and Political Science
The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce accepts online registrations. Admissions are done on the basis of the merit of last qualifying exam.
How to Apply?
The candidate must follow following steps for application:
- The candidate has to Register on the DU official website and create his/her login credentials.
- The candidate has to enter the course
- The candidate has to click ‘Apply now”
- The candidate has to Fill every Academic Detail and in the application form.
- The candidate has to upload necessary Documents like :
- Copy of the Online University Registration Form.
- Aadhar Card Copy
- Class X Certificate
- Class X Marks-Sheet.
- Class XII Marks-Sheet.
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/ Original Certificate.
- Caste Certificate
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate
- EWS Certificate
- At least four passport size self-attested photographs.
- The candidate then shall review the form and proceed to pay online.
The selection process is completely merit based. The merit list is released on the college website based on educational qualifications.
The cutoffs of popular courses are as follows:
|NAME OF THE COURSE||HIGHEST CUTOFF|
|B.A. (Hons) Journalism||98.50%|
|B.A. (Hons) Economics||96.75%|
|B.A. (Hons) English||96.50|
The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce has very noteworthy placements. Various are invited for campus placements including national and international companies like: ICICI Prudential, Zee Media, L&T, Zakoopi, Genpact, Delhivery, Oberoi Group of Hotels etc.
Delhi College of Arts and Commerce has a dedicated placement cell that maintains connection between academic sector and corporate sector. The cell trains students for mock exams, group discussions, aptitude tests, etc.
Delhi College of Arts and Commerce offers scholarships offered by Delhi University. The scholarships are as follows:
- Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao Endowment Book-Grant: INR 100 per month is given to children of employees of DU
- The Delhi State Co-operative Union Book-Grant: INR 100 per month is given to children of employees of DU for 1st year UG students
- The Delhi University and College Karamchari Union Book-Grant
- Shri Moti Lal Kaul Aima Memorial Book-Grant: The scholarship is given to blind students.
- Shri Ram Lubhaya Book-Grant: The scholarship is given to blind students.
- Vijender Sharmila Chopra Book-Grant: The scholarship is given to blind students.
Delhi College of Arts and Commerce provides significant facilities considering the all round development of students. Noteworthy facilities include :
- Library: The college has a general library. The library has high-quality ambiance for both reflective and collaborative work and study. The library consists of around 56500 books of national and international repute. The library is subscribed to 15 newspapers and 30 journals. The library provides various E-resources and gives access to Delhi University Library System (DULS) and DELNET and OPAC Intranet.
- Computer Lab: The computer labs are well equipped with latest configuration servers, printers, desktop machines, laptops, LCD projectors, and scanners. More than hundred desktops are connected via LAN. The complete campus is Wifi enabled.
- Canteen: The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce college provides tasty, hygienic and healthy food at affordable prices.
- Sport: The college encourages sports a lot. The college has various achievers who have represented the college at national and international level. The college has following sports facilities: Athletics, BasketBall, Cricket, Table Tennis, Swimming, Boxing, Judo, Volleyball, Football, Teakwondo
- The other facilities include Medical facilities, music room, auditorium etc.
Delhi College of Arts and Commerce has a well experienced faculty with most of the teachers completing their masters and Phds in their respective subjects. The teachers are devoted and helpful.
- Teaching staff: 85
Ques. How is the approach to sports at Delhi College of Arts and Commerce?
Ans. The college encourages various sports. The college has various achievers who have represented the college at national and international level. The college has following sports facilities
- Table Tennis
Ques. How is the faculty at Delhi College of Arts and Commerce?
Ans. The college faculties are up-to-date with their work and responsibilities. They are highly qualified in their education. Most of the faculty has completed PhD. The average age of the professors lie between 34 to 52. All the faculty members are very supportive.
Ques. What are various societies at Delhi College of Arts and Commerce?
Ans. The various societies are as follows:
- Advertisement Society: Aims at acting at the advertising and marketing skills of the members.
- Commerce Society: Encourage future leaders in commerce field
- Cultural Society: music society, debating society, photography society, etc. are all inclusive in the Cultural Society
- Other societies are: Women’s cell , Northeast students cell , Enactus society, and many more interesting Societies.
Ques. What is the ragging policy of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce?
Ans. In compliance with the Supreme Court directive, the institute ensures a ragging-free peaceful environment. Harsh punishment would be given to the students performing ragging which may include expulsion and barring from the institute.