JBIMS would be inviting candidates for admissions in M.Sc. Finance and Master of Management Studies (MMS) course in July.
Here are some key features of the admission procedure in M.Sc. Finance/MMS programme.
- The overall CAT score fixed for shortlisting is 95 percentile, and candidates applying through MH-CET scores would have to score a minimum of 97 percentile.
- 60% weightage would be given to CAT/CET score, 15% for Passed academic profile. (10th and 12th result) and the final 25% for work experience and extra-curricular activity.
- For the In-Person Assessment rounds, 20% weighable would be of the Group Activity, 20% for the Written Aptitude Test, and the rest 60% for the Personal Interview.
Alongside these three courses, JBIMS will also accept admissions for its Part-Time MBA for working professionals. The merit list of the selected candidates for all three courses will be released in the first week of August after the IPA tests, and the selected students can enroll themselves (by paying the fees) latest by the end of August.
JBIMS Mumbai Admission Dates 2021
The dates associated with the admission process of JBIMS are
|Process of Application||March 1-March 31, 2021|
|Mock Test||April 2, 2021|
|CET||April 3, 2021|
|GD||April 4, 2021|
JBIMS Mumbai MHRD Admission 2021
The Institute offers an MHRD program and the duration of the course is 2 years.
- Candidate must have completed bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% (45% for Reserved Seats) aggregate marks in graduation.
- Students appearing in the final year examination of their graduation course can also apply provided they do successfully graduate in the respective academic year.
- JBIMS accepts admissions to the MHRD course based on his performance in the Written Test (WT) and In-Person Assessment Test (IPA) conducted by the Institute.
- The IPA test consists of 3 separate examining rounds –
- Group Activity
- Personal Interview
- Written Aptitude test – 300 words essay on Statement of Purpose (SOP)
The topmost 200 candidates in the merit list of WT would be invited for Group Activity and the candidates selected in the Group Activity Test will proceed for the Personal Interview and Written Aptitude Test.
- After the examination round, a merit list of the students based on their WT+IPA marks would be released, and the selected candidates have to report to the Institute for the document verification and fee submission process.
JBIMS Mumbai MMS Admission 2021
The Institute offers an MMS program of 2 years in 5 specializations namely; finance, marketing, operations, HR, system.
- The candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute
- Candidate must have scored at least 50% in relevant stream
The selection in the MMS program is based on MAH CET along with counseling.
Cutoff Scores for the Preliminary Screening
The cutoff of the CAT MH CET exams is listed below.
|CATEGORY||CAT PERCENTILE||MH-CET PERCENTILE|
JBIMS M.Sc. Admission 2021
The Institute offers M.Sc program in finance under PG domain which is of 2 years.
- It’s important for a candidate to complete their graduate degree from a recognized Institute/College
- They must have obtained at least 50% marks
- The selection in this program is on the basis of entrance test which Institute conducts
- Personal Interview, as well as Group Discussion, is also considered for the selection in this program.
JBIMS Mumbai PTMBA Admission 2021
The Institute offers a part-time MBA program which candidates can complete in 3 years.
- The candidate should be a graduate from any University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Must have at least 2 years of experience after graduation at the executive or supervisory level.
- JBIMS would conduct a Common Entrance Test for the admissions in the PTMBA.
- The top-scoring candidates would be invited for the Group Discussion Round.
- Based on their Entrance Test and GD scores, candidates would be shortlisted for admissions.
- A merit list of selected candidates would be published on the website.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates who wish to get admission in this Institute must follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of the Institute
- Fill out the details and attach relevant files as required in the form
- pay the application fees
- Submit the form
- Upon successful submission, the candidate would be notified via email and text message.
Scanned copies of the following have to be submitted
- 10th Standard certificate and marksheet
- 12th Standard certificate and marksheet
- Graduation Degree and Marksheet
- ‘Softcopy’ (in Pdf) of the CAT/MH-CET scorecard
- Photo ID card
- Work Experience certificate (if any)
- Signature of the candidate
- Passport photo
- Physically Handicapped Certificate as prescribed by the Government of Maharashtra from the relevant authorities
- Caste/Tribe/Non-creamy Layer and other relevant certificates issued by Maharashtra Gov. about the reservation of seats.
JBIMS Admission: FAQs
Ques. How many seats are there in the MHRD course offered by JBIMS, Mumbai?
Ans. The Institute has 20 seats and the seat allocation is as –
Ques. Can a non-resident of Maharashtra avail caste reservation benefits in the admission process of JBIMS, Mumbai?
Ans. No, the reservation seats are only allotted to students with Maharashtra’s domicile (resident of Maharashtra)
Ques. What would happen if two students score the same total score in the admission process of MBA and M.Sc courses at JBIMS, Mumbai?
Ans. In the case of two students scoring the same total marks, a student would be ranked over the other by their scores in the following order-
- Application rating score
- Interview score
- Group Activity score
- Written Ability Test Score
- 12th total marks
- 10th total marks
Ques. Can students who have done their 12th from the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) apply for admissions to JBIMS, Mumbai?
Ans. Yes, JBIMS offers Postgraduate courses, and hence as long as a NIOS schooled and graduate candidate meets the eligibility criteria for the particular course, he/she can apply to this Institute without any kind of issue related to anything.
Ques. Can a student with a backlog apply to JBIMS, Mumbai?
Ans. Yes, as long as the student, with the past backlog, meets the minimum criterion for eligibility and has scored the relevant cutoff scores in CAT/MH-CET, he can apply. However, students with active backlogs are needed to clear their respective papers before applying.