BHU has released the application form for admission in 2021 of both UG and PG courses. The application form was released on August 14, 2021, and the last date to fill in and submit the application form is September 12, 2021. BHU takes up candidates for admission through a university entrance test that is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
The entrance examination conducted for admission to the undergraduate course to BHU is Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test (BHU UET). The interested candidates can get admission to various undergraduate courses like BA Hons., BSc Hons. B. Com Hons, BPA, and BFA through the entrance examination.
BHU conducts the Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test (BHU PET) for admission to various postgraduate courses. The candidates who have passed the examination with flying colors can take up courses like M.Sc., MCA, MA, M.Lib.I.Sc., M.P. Ed, M.Ed., MFA, and MPA.
BHU UET and BHU PET will be conducted in around 199 cities all over India. BHU UET and BHU PET are computer-based, hybrid, and pen and paper-based tests as per the requirement of the candidates. The admit card of the entrance examination is usually released one week before the entrance examination. The result will be announced on the official website after the examination. The admission to various courses will be based on the scores of the entrance examination. BHU has been ranked 3 in the country by NIRF.
BHU Important Dates
|Online application form release||August 14, 2021|
|Last date to fill the application form||September 12, 2021|
|Correction of application form||September 14 to September 15, 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||To be notified|
|Display of provisional answer keys|
|Commencement of new session|
BHU UG Admission 2022
There are various undergraduate courses that are offered by the university. The courses with specialization are mentioned in the table below
|BA||Hons - Arts, Social Sciences,|
|B. Com||Hons, Financial Markets Management|
|B.Sc.||Mathematics, Biology, Agriculture, Food Technology, Dairy Technology|
|B.Ed.||Languages, Science, Mathematics, Social Sciences and Humanities|
|BPA||Instrumental – Sitar, Flute, Violin, Tabla Dance – Kathak, Bharatanatyam Vocal|
|B. Voc.||Catering technology and hotel management, Tourism & Hospitality Management, Banking, Insurance and Retailing, Hospital Administration and Management, Agribusiness & Entrepreneurship, Computer Applications, Retail & Logistics Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Fashion Technology & Apparel Design, Modern Office Management, Food Processing & Management, Medical Lab. Technology|
- BA (Hons) – The candidate must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum score of 50% in the aggregate. For BA Economics, the candidate must have Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects in the higher secondary.
- B.P.Ed. – The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum score of 50% and must have participated at least in the Inter-College/Inter-Zonal/District/School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.
- B.Voc. – The candidate must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent in any stream or NSQF level 4 certificate or any other equivalent examination recognized by the University with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate.
- B.Com. – The candidate must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination with Commerce/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Computer Sc./Finance/Financial Markets Management/Vocational courses (related to Commerce) as a compulsory subject with a minimum score of 50% aggregate.
- B. Sc. (Hons) – The candidate must have passed class 12 or an equivalent examination in the science stream with a minimum score of 50 % in aggregate.
- For opting for honors in the mathematics group, the candidate must have Physics, Mathematics, and anyone subject from Chemistry, Statistics, Geology, Computer Science, Information Technology, and Geography as compulsory subjects.
- The candidates who want to take honors in the biology group must have Physics, Chemistry, and anyone subject from Biology, Geology, and Geography as a compulsory subject in the higher secondary.
- For B.Ed. the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities/Commerce with a minimum aggregate of 55%.
- BVSc. – The candidate must have passed class 12 with a minimum score of 50% in the science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- BPA – The candidate must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination or the candidate should have a graduate or a post-graduate degree and the candidate must have opted and passed Vocal Music/Instrumental music/Dance in any of the courses.
- BFA – The candidate must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum score of 50% in aggregate.
- The candidates who wish to pursue a course at BHU are selected based on the merit scored in the entrance examination.
- The candidate must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria and should have secured minimum qualifying marks in the entrance examination to get admission to the desired course.
- For general and OBC category candidates the minimum qualifying marks are not less than 35% and that for the SC and ST category students are not less than 25%.
- The course is allotted solely based on merit.
How to Apply?
The applicant has to follow the procedure stepwise given below.
- Visit the official website
- Under the UET section click on the ‘Registration for UET-2022’ tab.
- Register yourself with a valid email ID and mobile number for online registration.
- After the registration is complete, note down the system-generated Application number for further use.
- Now fill in the online application form.
- Upload the scanned images of recent photographs and signatures.
- Pay the prescribed fees.
- After the payment of the fees, a confirmation page will appear to keep the proof of the confirmation page for future use.
BHU PG admission 2022
|M.Sc.||Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Botany, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Geophysics, Environmental Science, Applied Microbiology, Statistics and Computing, Computational Science and Applications, Forensic Science, Mathematics and Computing, Environmental Science, Bio-Statistics, Bio-Informatics|
|MA||Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Nepali, Persian, Russian, Bengali, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Urdu, Pali, Sanskrit, Linguistics, A.I.H.C.& Arch., History of Art, IPR, Philosophy, Hindu Studies, Mass Communication, Museology, Prayojanmoolak Hindi, Manuscript ology and Paleography, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work, Anthropology, Public Administration, Conflict Management and Development, Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, Education|
|M.Voc.||Retail & Logistics Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Food Processing and Management, Medical Laboratory Technology, Fashion Technology, and Apparel Design|
|MBA||Risk & Insurance, Foreign Trade, Financial Management, Agribusiness|
|MFA||Painting, Applied Arts, Plastic Arts, Pottery & Ceramics, Textile Designs|
|MPA||Vocational Music Instrumental Music – Sitar, Violin, Flute, Tabla Dance – Kathak, Bharatanatyam|
- M.Sc. – The candidate must have passed B.Sc. under the 10+2+3 pattern in the subject in which the candidate wants admission with a minimum score of 50% in all three years of course.
- MCA – The candidate must have secured a minimum mark of 60% in aggregate or 6.5 in a 10-point CGPA scale in BCA, BIT, B.Sc. with Computer Science, B.Tech., or BE.
- MA – The candidate must have a degree of BA under the 10+2+3 pattern and passed with a minimum mark of 50% with the subject in which the candidate wants admission as the Hons subject at the undergraduate level.
- M.Lib.I.Sc. – The candidate must have graduated in the 10+2+3 pattern with a minimum score of 50% in aggregate.
- M.P.Ed. – The candidate must have passed B.P.Ed. with a minimum score of 50%.
- M.Voc. – The candidate must have passed Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or B.Voc. in the desired field with a minimum score of 50% in aggregate from a recognized university or must have cleared level 7 NSQF certificate.
- M.Com. – The candidate must have a degree of B. Com/B. Com (Hons) with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- MBA – The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3 pattern with a minimum score of 50% from any recognized university.
- M.Ed. – The candidate must have passed B.Ed./B.A. B.Ed./B.Sc. B.Ed./B.EI.Ed./D.EI.Ed. with an undergraduate/postgraduate degree and must have secured a minimum score of 50% in the examination or must have passed with an equivalent grade.
- MFA – The candidate must have passed BFA in the 10+2+4 or 10+5 pattern with a minimum mark of 50% in the concerned subject.
- LLM – The candidate must have completed 3-years LLB after graduation or 5-years LLB under 10+2+5 pattern with a minimum score of 50% recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- MPA – The candidate must have passed B.Mus./BPA in the concerned field from the university or an equivalent examination securing a minimum of 50% marks in the practical.
The candidate is selected based on merit in the entrance examination conducted by NTA.
To get admission, the candidate has to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the university and has to score the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance examination.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website.
- Register using a valid email id and mobile number.
- Fill in the application form.
- After registration, note down the system generated application number.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee to confirm your application.
- Keep the print of the payment slip for further use.
Ques: Is the application form available offline for BHU?
Ans: No, the application form is not available offline. The candidates have to fill in the online application form for the entrance examination. Applications submitted through any other mode are not acceptable and are invalid.
Ques: What is the application fee for BHU, Varanasi?
Ans: The application fee for BHU-UET is INR 400 for General and OBC category candidates. The application fee is INR 200 for the SC and ST category candidates. The application fee is the same for both BHU-UET and BHU-PET appearing candidates.
Ques: What are the reservation criteria for the seats at BHU?
Ans: Out of the total seats available, 15% of seats are reserved for the SC category and 7.5 % seats are reserved for the ST category students. 27% of the seats are reserved for OBC category students and the students falling in the category of economically weaker section get a reservation of 10%. Persons with disabilities get a 5% reservation in the seats.
Ques: What are the required documents during admissions at BHU?
Ans: The documents required for uploading in the online application form are a recent photograph against a white background and the signature of the candidate.
Ques: Are test practice centers available at BHU?
Ans: Yes, NTA has set up various Test Practice Centers especially for the candidates from remote and rural areas to enable them to practice so that they can take a computer-based test.