Andhra University or AU is accredited by the NAAC with an ‘A’ grade and is also an ISO 9001:2015 certified institute. The University has secured rank 36 by NIRF 2020 in the overall category. The university is located in the scenic coastal beauty of a place in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Founded by Sir C. R. Reddy, in the year of 1926, the University College of Arts was inaugurated on the 1 July 1931 and then a year later the college of Science and Technology came into existence.
Andhra University School of Internation Business is accepting applications for Integrated BBA-MBA admission. The last date to submit the online applications is 3 July 2022. Know More
The university has pioneered in bringing in new courses in streams such as Science, Arts, Management and Engineering. Andhra University provides 313 courses in Arts, Commerce, Management, Science and Technology, Engineering, Law, Pharmacy and Education. For Professional, Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses distance education facility is also available.
The Andhra University Common Entrance Test (AUCET) is an entrance exam conducted by the university for students who wish to enrol in order to pursue their desired courses. However, for some courses admission can also be done on a merit basis.
Andhra University: Highlights
Let us now look at a table that gives us a quick glance at what Andhra University has to offer to its students who would wish to enroll here in order to kick start their career on a high flying note.
|Established / Type||1926 / Public State University|
|Approved by||NAAC with ‘A’ grade and also an ISO 9001:2015 certified institute|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Entrance exam||Andhra University Common Entrance Test (AUCET)|
|Courses offered||313 courses under Arts, Commerce, Management, Science and Technology, Engineering, Law, Pharmacy and Education|
|Admission criteria||Merit based and Entrance exam|
|Top recruiters||DRDO, ISRO, Satyam, BARC, TCS|
|Campus area||422 Acres|
|Facilities available||Hostels, Libraries, Guest Houses, Canteens, Press and Publication Division, Women waiting halls, Faculty Club, Schools for children of employees, Post and Telegraph office, Banking Facilities, University Employment and Guidance Bureau, Training and Placement Centre, Gymnasium hall|
Andhra University: Ranking
This category will establish a picture of the achievements the university has to its name in tabulated format so it will be crystal clear for the students and applicants to know about them.
|Body / Magazine||Rank||Category|
|NIRF||34||Pharmaceutical Science category|
|OUTLOOK||5||Top 70 Public State Universities in India|
|OUTLOOK||16||India’s Top 75 Universities|
Andhra University: Courses Offered
One of the oldest universities in the country, Andhra University has a wide range of professional and diploma courses as well. Currently, the university offers a total of 313 courses split under various departments.
Arts, Commerce, Management, Science and Technology, Engineering, Law, Pharmacy and Education are the various departments that the university handles presently to offer courses and enrol students.
Let us see below in a tabulated format about the various courses being offered in Andhra University:
|BE||Mechanical, Civil, Civil Environmental, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Marine, Metallurgical, Naval Architecture||4 years|
|BTech||Computer Science and Systems Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geo – Informatics, Ceramic Technology, Biotechnology||4 years|
|ME||Environmental Engineering and Management, Machine Design, Control System, Power System and Automation, Marine Engineering and Mechanical Handling, Industrial Engineering||2 years|
|MTech||Computer Science and Technology, Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Mineral Processing Engineering, Communication Systems, Transportation Engineering||2 years|
|MA||Telugu, English, Sanskrit, Hindi, Economics, Applied Economics, History, Ancient History and Archaeology, Politics, Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work, Philosophy, Music||2 years|
|PG Diploma||Capital Markets, Retail Management, Financial Services, French, Women’s Studies, Yoga, Functional Hindi and Translation||1 year|
|MSc||Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Space Physics, Nuclear Physics, Meteorology, Marine Geophysics, Hydrology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Physical Oceanography, Applied Chemistry, etc.||2 years|
Andhra University Admissions
The admission process for enrollment in Andhra University is done by online method. The university has all the respective application forms uploaded to its official website. Students or applicants can go through the official portal to initiate the admission procedure.
How to apply?
- The student must first enroll for the entrance test or exam based on which department is to be chosen.
- And then the admit cards will be issued to them to attend the entrance exams.
- The application form has to be downloaded from the official website of the university.
- Based on the results issued for the entrance tests the eligible students will be called for the counselling.
- The candidate has to pay INR500/- as a counseling fee.
- After appearing for counseling, students will be allotted seats in courses they registered for and the admission process will begin.
- The admission forms should be downloaded from the university website and sent by post.
- Along with the application process, a demand draft of INR2000/- should also be enclosed for registration and processing.
- Once the seat is allotted, the candidate should come prepared to pay the course fee and the other stipulated fee structures regulated by the university.
- The necessary documents such as mark sheets, photos etc. should also be submitted by the student along with the application forms to complete the admission procedure.
Andhra University: Placements
The University that is in existence for almost a century sure knows how to place students when they are going to be done with their college lives.
- Andhra University has a separate cell for Training and Placements for students.
- The professors and staff here conduct mock tests and mock interviews for students to get prepared for the real – time interviews.
- The mock tests and mock interviews make the students understand the feel of the real – time interviews so that they can analyze themselves on how they will be questioned and judged by the interview panel.
- Campus interviews are also organized for both UG and PG students by the university.
- The campus interviews take place after the 5th and 7th semester for UG students while for the PG students, it is after the 3rd semester.
- Top recruiters for Andhra University are DRDO, ISRO, Satyam, BARC, TCS, Zink, GMC, HPcl, Wipro, Bayer, Mahindra and Mahindra, Microsoft and many more.
- The average salary package that a student attains while getting placed starts from 3.5 L.P.A and goes as high till 18 L.P.A.
- While 75% to 80% of the students get placed with top companies, while the rest opt for higher studies or research programs either with the same college or with companies or organizations funded by private investors.
Andhra University: Scholarships
Since Andhra University is a Public State University it does not have its own scholarship programs as almost 80% of its students are eligible for the State Government-funded scholarships and Central Government-funded scholarships. The scholarships for students are mentioned below.
- Merit social welfare / tribal welfare scholarships from the Government of Andhra Pradesh. This is applicable for students belonging to Scheduled Castes whose Annual Income is less than 2 lakhs and for Scheduled Tribes whose Annual Income is less than 1 lakh.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Minority Community Students of Andhra Pradesh is applicable for students whose family’s Annual Income is less than 1 lakh and the students who avail of this scholarship should maintain 75% attendance every semester.
- BTH scholarship which is tuition fee waiver for eligible students.
- Janmabhumi Post Matric Scholarship.
- AP Social welfare Department.
- Some scholarships are also available for eligible students for waiving hostel fees as well.
Andhra University: Facilities
Andhra University provides various amenities and facilities for both students and teachers in order to make sure that they are all in able bodied and sound minded state which is very much essential for proper and excellent education to be taught, given and received. Let us see them below.
- Two separate libraries for Engineering and Law departments.
- An Internet Browsing Centre that is operated by staff from 8 AM till 10 PM.
- A cyber lab for the students.
- University’s own publication division where teachers, professors and research scholars publish valuable books through their research and expertise.
- Health services run by the university include ambulance service, free medicine dispensary etc.
- Has its own horticulture and gardening unit.
- The other facilities are Guest Houses, Canteens, Women waiting halls, Faculty Club, Schools for children of employees, Post and Telegraph office, Banking Facilities, University Employment and Guidance Bureau, Training and Placement Centre, Gymnasium hall.
- There are certain other facilities which support extra – curricular activities as well. They are Academic staff college, Computer Centre, 25 Research Centers, Agro – Economic research Centre, Religious Studies Centre, Yoga Institute.
Andhra University: Faculty
The university that has run smoothly and successfully for almost a century by spreading educational excellence and pioneering in many educational activities has some of the best, well versed and knowledgeable staff, faculties and professors around.
There are expert professors and teachers in various cadres in order to support students not just in gaining marks on paper but also to monitor and support their projects and make them understand concepts and subjects both theoretically and practically. The working staff count is established below.
- 354 Professors.
- 198 Associate Professors.
- 115 Assistant Professors.
- 2500 – 3000 Support Staff.
Andhra University: FAQs
Ques. What is the procedure to get a seat in Andhra University?
Ans. By registering for the entrance tests conducted by Andhra University first. Then after clearing the exam, during counseling the seats will be allotted.
Ques. What are the best things for Andhra University students to do on weekends?
Ans. There are many facilities available in the university which support both indoor and outdoor activities.
Ques. How are placements at Andhra University for MBA students?
Ans. Placements are very good for every department including students from MBA as many top rated recruiters come in for campus interviews. Some of them are DRDO, ISRO, Satyam, BARC, TCS, Microsoft, Wipro etc.
Ques. Is M.Tech good in Andhra University?
Ans. M.Tech program is good in Andhra University as there are many varieties of streams available for students to pursue and at the same time will be supported by campus interviews after the 3rd semester.
Ques. Is Andhra University among the best colleges in India?
Ans. Established in 1926 it is a rank holder as per NIRF and OUTLOOK under many categories with rich educational roots and excellent records both academically and placement wise.
Ques. Are scholarships available for students?
Ans. Since Andhra University is a Public State University students are very much eligible for many scholarships provided both by the State Government of Andhra Pradesh as well as by the Central Government.
Ques. What types of education are available in Andhra University?
Ans. Andhra University provides Regular medium, International admissions and Distance education medium as well. So students or applicants based on their interests can contact the university website to download the respective admission form.
Ques. Are facilities provided by university open on all days?
Ans. The facilities provided by the university apart from the classrooms are available on all days except government holidays and university-declared holidays.
Ques. How are distant education students supported?
Ans. The university has its own community-run radio station GYAN VANI which supports them and also these students are provided with audio and video notes and content so that they can study and prepare from wherever they are.
Ques. How are placement training done?
Ans. Students are trained by making them undergo mock tests and mock interviews in order to feel and understand how real-time interviews will happen. This will make them ready not just for answering questions during the real time campus interviews but also make them understand how to present themselves.