Jamia Hamdard is a government-owned and funded University. This university was formally inaugurated by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Rajiv Gandhi on August 1, 1989. It was ranked 37 in the overall rankings of 2020 by the NIRF.
The NAAC accreditation status of Jamia Hamdard in grade 'A’ certificate of 3rd cycle of accreditation - valid up to 11 September 2022.
Jamia Hamdard University: Admission Updates
- The last date to submit online PhD application forms was March 31, 2022.
- The last date to fill forms of distance education programs was April 30, 2022.
- 50% of the seats in the PG courses are reserved for the Muslim minority.
- The selection for admission to the MS/ MD postgraduate courses shall be done strictly on the basis of All India's overall rank obtained in the national eligibility cum entrance test postgraduate NEET 2022.
Jamia Hamdard: Quick Facts
- The highest package given to students was INR 7,20,000.
- The JEE Main qualified candidates are eligible to apply for BTech course.
- For admission to the MBBS course in this university, candidates need to qualify NEET UG.
- For MBA admissions, the score obtained in CMAT, GMAT or GPA etc. is mandatory.
- Admission to MTech Food Technology and MA Human Rights programs will be done based on the candidate’s performance in the university based entrance exams.
Jamia Hamdard University: Rankings
- Ranked 22 in the medical field by NIRF(2020)
- Ranked 1 in the field of pharmacy by NIRF(2020)
- Ranked 21 among all universities by NIRF(2020).
- Ranked between 301 - 350 by QS (Asia)(2020)
- Ranked 211 - 220 by QS (BRICS)(2020)
Jamia Hamdard University: Courses
The Jamia Hamdard University offers a large number of courses at the UG, PG and the Research level. Some of the top courses offered by the Jamia Hamdard University are given below:
|MTech Computer Science and Engineering||
Jamia Hamdard University: Placements
Jamia Hamdard is a great place where most of the companies come for recruitments and in search of best talent such best organizations are:
|HCL Technologies||American Express||Sun Pharma||Biocon|
|DCM Technologies||Ericsson HP||Modi xerox software||HFCL|
Jamia Hamdard University: Scholarships
- There are no special scholarship programs offered by this university, the only thing is that being a minority college it provides 50% of its seats to the Muslim minority. And as per the Jamia Hamdard University rules the staff of the University also get a discount on the program fee.
- The discounts available for those who prefer to deposit fees in advance
2-year fee 2% discount
3-year fee 3% discount
Jamia Hamdard University: FAQs
Ques. How is the teaching at Jamia Hamdard University?
Ans. It is one of the reputed pharmacy institutes in India. In the institute, the research is of intensive level and has notable alumni. The institute conducts research in cancer, diabetes & cardiovascular diseases. The university provides PG programs in medicine, information technology, computer applications, business management, physiotherapy, and occupational therapy. More focus is given on practical knowledge than theory.
Ques. Why should students take admission to Jamia Hamdard University?
Ans. Students should take admission to the Jamia Hamdard University because of many things like every year placement through job fairs is done in which many reputed companies are invited for giving employment to the capable students. Also, it provides students with more practical knowledge than only theory.
Ques. Does Jamia Hamdard University have a hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, there are hostel facilities provided for boys and girls separately. The hostel facility includes 2 UG girls hostels, 1 UG boys hostel (closed), 1 Ibn Batuta P.G. Hostel (for MBBS Students and Ph.D. students), 1 international boys hostel & 1 P.G. girls hostel.
Ques. How many courses are offered at Jamia Hamdard University?
Ans. A total of 86 courses in 7 streams are provided with the facilities of library, hostel, auditorium and sports.