Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies was established in 1987. SSCBS is a Management and Information Technology institute that provides Undergraduate and Postgraduate Diploma courses in Management, Computer Science, and Cyber Security to students. It has developed itself as one of the best management schools in just 25 years. The college regularly ranks among the top colleges on the University of Delhi’s north campus. According to India Today’s 2019 rankings, SSCBS is ranked second for BBA programs. Admission to all courses is dependent on the student’s performance in the DU JAT.
The college’s mission is to become a world-class hub for learning and information dissemination. The Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies’ mission is to improve decision-making skills and prepare students to be responsible and knowledgeable citizens. The college believes in empowering its students to become self-assured professionals. The Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies has also built many facilities and infrastructure that will benefit the college’s students’ education.
Shaheed Sukhdev College Of Business Studies: Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi|
|Established | Type||1987 | Public Institute|
|Courses Offered||Under Graduate|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam, Merit-based|
|Application form month||August-November|
|Basic Eligibility||Graduation with at least 50% marks in aggregate|
|Name of the entrance||DU – JAT|
|Campus area||5 Acres|
Shaheed Sukhdev College Of Business Studies: Courses
The Fashion Design and Development Institute in Chhindwara offers a UG program in Footwear and Fashion Design (B.Des). The following are the specifics for the same:
|B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) (Computer Science)||Applicants seeking entry to a three-year full-time B.Sc. program (Hons.) Computer Science requires a passing grade of 60 percent or higher in Mathematics, as well as a combined grade of 60 percent or higher in English, Mathematics, and the best of two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science from a recognized board of education.||3 Years||INR 28,525 per annum||DU JAT|
|BACHELOR OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES [BMS]||Candidates for admission to the three-year full-time Bachelor of Management Studies program must have completed 10+2 with an overall grade point average of 60 percent or higher in four subjects: English, Math, and two other subjects from a recognized educational board.||3 Years||INR 14,025 per annum||DU JAT|
|POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN CYBERSECURITY||Candidates for admission to the 1-year full-time Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Law program must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in Science (Physics and Chemistry), Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering in Technology (Computer Science/ Electronics/Electronics and Communication, Information Technology), BCA, MCA, M.Tech, or some other degree comparable thereto.||1 Year||INR 65,400||DU JAT|
|B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) (Financial Investment Analysis)||Candidates for admission to the three-year full-time Bachelor of Business Administration program must have completed 10+2 with an overall grade point average of 60 percent or higher in four subjects: English, Math, and two other subjects from a recognized educational board.||3 Years||INR 25,000 per annum||DU JAT|
Shaheed Sukhdev College Of Business Studies: Admissions
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies welcomes students for a three-year regular undergraduate program in business administration.
- Financial and Investment Analysis Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor in Management Studies.
The DU JAT scores will be used to determine admission to these programs. Candidates must have completed 10+2 education levels from a recognized board. Candidates must have received a passing grade in each subject (including practical subjects). Candidates would not be able to apply if they pass with compartment results. Candidates who have taken a gap year will be accepted for the program. Applicants from underrepresented groups may apply for admission based on both merit and entrance exams.
Documents required to apply for admission
- Photograph the size of a passport (maximum size: 50KB; formats: JPG/JPEG/PNG).
- Applicant’s scanned signature (maximum size: 50 KB; formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG) Copy of Identity Proof that has been self-attested (maximum size: 50 KB, formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG).
- Identity evidence (Aadhaar card, driver’s license, PAN card, voter’s identity card, passport, or college identity card) that has been scanned.
- Level 10th Certificate scanned and self-attested (maximum size: 100 KB, formats: JPG/JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
- If appropriate, a scanned self-attested copy of the caste certificate (maximum size: 100 KB, formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
Steps to apply online
- Step 1:;Visit the official website of the college and go to the ‘Admission’ tab.
- Step 2:;Create a new login ID and password for new users by entering their email addresses and phone number.
- Step 3:;Following the completion of this process, a verification email with a confirmation connection will be sent to the candidate’s email address, which the applicant must click to validate the registration.
- Step 4:;Re-enter your credentials and begin filling out the application form.
- Step 5:;Fill in your educational and personal details.
- Step 6: Upload the appropriate documents.
- Step 7:;Candidates will apply for their applications after all of their files have been submitted and the application form has been completed.
Note:;Candidates should keep a printout of their application form, as well as proof of payment, for future reference.
Reservation of candidates is done as follows :
Shaheed Sukhdev College Of Business Studies: Placements
During the 2022 placement campaign, the maximum CTC was INR 19.25 LPA, and the average CTC was INR 9 LPA, while the median CTC was INR 9.74 LPA, and the gross CTC was INR 7 Cr.
More than 80 students were offered positions, the majority of which were in investment banking, analytics, consulting, and finance. With 20 deals, the Bain Capability Network was the largest recruiter
Deloitte, Zomato, Mckinsey and Company, and Dabur were among the 40+ companies that participated in the SSCBS recruitment campaign. IHS Markit, Bridge to India, and Quintics Management Consultancies were among the new firms.
SSCBS PLACEMENTS REPORT
|Number of Students Placed||80|
|Number of Companies Participated||40+|
|Gross CTC||INR 7 Cr.|
|Highest CTC||INR 19.25 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 9 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 9.74 LPA|
|Major Sectors||Banking, Consulting, Finance|
|Top Recruiters||Zomato, Deloitte, Mckinsey, and Dabur|
Shaheed Sukhdev College Of Business Studies: Facilities
- Hostel:;The Hostel provides a spacious, sanitary, and safe environment for both boys and girls. The rooms are well-ventilated and furnished with fans, tube lights, and other necessities. A cot, a chair, a table, and a cupboard are given to each student (locker). It has rooms with RO systems and the mess is also there.
- Canteen:;Canteen for students, staff, and faculty. In addition to serving breakfast, lunch, high tea, snacks, and drinks, the canteen can also provide food for various campus activities.
- Library:;The college has air conditioning as well as an automated library with the latest newspapers, magazines, and books.
- Classrooms:;Classrooms are equipped with an overhead projector to help the students get a better learning experience.
- Computer Labs & WI-FI:;Students have access to four computer laboratories, as well as an audio-visual space where workshops and seminars are conducted. Students at Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies have access to wireless internet.
Shaheed Sukhdev College Of Business Studies: Faculty
|FACULTY NAME||LECTURER OF DEPARTMENT||QUALIFICATIONS|
|Dr. Sanjay Kumar Goyal||Department of management studies||M.COM., PH.D|
|Dr. Preeti Rajpal Singh||Department of management studies||MBA., PH.D|
|Dr. Hamendra Kumar Porwal||Department of management studies||MBA., C.A., PH.D|
|Dr. Tarannum Ahmad||Department of management studies||MBE., PH.D|
|Ms. Kavita Rastogi||Department of Computer Science||M.SC|
|Dr. Anamika R. Gupta||Department of Computer Science||MCA., PH.D|
|Dr. Ajay Jaiswal||Department of Computer Science||M.SC., M.TECH., PH.D|
|Ms. Shikha Gupta||Department of Computer Science||M.C.A., M.PHIL|
Shaheed Sukhdev College Of Business Studies: FAQs
Ques: Does SSCBS provide 100% placement to its students?
Ans:;SSCBS offers students 100 percent career assistance and assists them in being recruited into the best companies.
Ques: Which program accepts DU JAT score?
Ans:;DU JAT scores are admitted in BMS and BFIA courses, and admissions are based on them.
Ques. Does the college provide a scholarship facility for students?
Ans.;Yes, SSCBS provides a scholarship facility for the students.
Ques. Does the college provide a hostel facility?
Ans.;Yes. Hostel facilities have been provided for both Boys and Girls.
Ques. What is the intake capacity at SSCBS?
Ans.;The intake capacity at SSCBS is 353.
Ques. Can the course fee be paid in installments per year?
Ans.;At the beginning of the semester, the institute offered the option of paying the fee for each semester.