IIT Kharagpur has announced the JEE Advanced 2021 result on 15 October 2021. JEE Advanced 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on 3 October 2021. Aspirants have to enter Registration Number, Registered phone number and Date of Birth to check results or download the score card.
The top 250,000 rankers of JEE Main will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2021.
Candidates will get their result in the form of a scorecard containing all the necessary details like the total score in Paper 1 and Paper 2 along with candidate’s marks in each section – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, rank in Common Rank List, and candidate’s category information.
JEE Advanced Result 2021: Important Dates
The JEE Advanced 2021 important dates are listed below:
|Events ||Dates |
|JEE Advanced Exam Date 2021 ||3 October 2021 |
|JEE Advanced Result Date ||15 October 2021 |
|Examination of AAT ||18 October 2021 |
|Result of AAT ||22 October 2021 |
|Registration/choice filling under JoSAA Starts ||16 October 2021 |
|Candidates Registrion and Choice filling ends ||25 October 2021 |
How to Check JEE Advanced Result?
The result will be announced on the official portal of JEE Advanced 2021.
- Hence, candidates have to login to the portal to check their individual results.
- So, full steps for JEE Advanced Result 2021 are given below-
- First, head over to official JEE Advanced result portal, i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Now, login using your Roll Number, DOB and Phone Number.
- Subsequently, candidates will be able to view the JEE Advanced Result 2021 as a scorecard.
- Finally, save the JEE Advanced 2021 Result as a PDF for future use.
Details in the Scorecard
JEE Advanced Result 2021 will be available in the form of a scorecard mentioning the following details-
- Registration Number for JEE Advanced 2021.
- JEE Advanced 2021 Roll Number.
- Name of the Candidate.
- Date of the Exam.
- Common Rank List (CRL)/ Status of qualifying.
- Score in all the three sections (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Total score in JEE Advanced 2021.
JEE Advanced Result 2021: Score Calculation
The final score will be calculated for JEE Advanced Result 2021 taking the scores of both the papers.
- This means each section score will be calculated by totalling scores in both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- For example, if a candidate scores 12 marks in Paper 1 in Physics and 8 Marks in Paper 2 in Physics, the total for Physics section will be 20. Similarly, marks for Chemistry and Mathematics will be calculated.
- Likewise, JEE Advanced Cut Off is based on the aggregate on each section from JEE Advanced Result 2021 and also a certain percentage of each section.
|Marks obtained in Physics =Marks obtained in Paper 1 (Physics)+Marks obtained in Paper 2 (Physics) |
|Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced =Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry) |
JEE Advanced Result 2021: Rank List
- Candidates who will appear for both the papers (Paper 1 & Paper 2) will be considered for a Rank List.
- In other words, the Rank list is prepared on the basis of aggregate marks scored in all the three subjects of JEE Advanced.
- Likewise, the merit list of the other categories such as SC, ST and OBC-NCL will be released separately with specified relaxation in minimum marks.
- A candidate must clear the qualifying JEE Advanced Cut off to be able to get included in the merit list.
JEE Advanced Result 2021: Tie-Breaker rules
- The common rank will be calculated according to the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the result.
- Now, there can be a clash between two candidates in aggregate marks obtained in JEE Advanced 2021.
- Therefore, in such a case, tie-breaker rules are to be followed.
- First, candidates with higher positive scores will be given a higher rank.
- Secondly, candidates scoring higher marks in Mathematics will be given a higher rank.
- After that, candidates obtaining greater marks in Physics will be given a higher rank.
- Furthermore, if still, the situation remains a tie, then both the candidates will be assigned the same rank.
JEE Advanced Final Answer Key
- Only those candidates’ answers will be recorded who have appeared for both the Papers of JEE Advanced.
- That is to say, they can view, download and print these recorded answers from the candidate portal available on the official website
- Further, the provisional answer keys will be available at the online portal. But, these provisional answer keys are subjected to change.
- Candidates can also send their feedback on answer keys through the portal.
- Subsequently, the final answer and minimum for inclusion in the rank will be published at the online portal with the announcement of results.
Check JEE Advanced Answer Key
JEE Advanced Cut Off 2021 Percentages
- JEE Advanced Result 2021 will decide the cutoff which will be the lowest score a candidate must obtain to qualify for the Common Rank Lists (CRL) of the IITs.
- Moreover, the JEE Advanced cut off marks for various categories – GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD candidates will be different.
- But, instead of having a particular raw score, cut off will be based on percentage.
- Furthermore, due to the changing exam pattern of JEE Advanced, this cutoff also varies every year.
To sum up, here is the JEE Advanced cut off percentage 2020 as per guidelines of IIT Delhi. This list will be updated with JEE Advanced Cut off 2021 cutoff percentage as soon as it is released by IIT Kharagpur.
|RANK LIST ||MINIMUM PERCENTAGE OF MARKS IN EACH SUBJECT ||MINIMUM PERCENTAGE OF AGGREGATE MARKS |
|Common rank list (CRL) ||4.50% ||15.75% |
|OBC-NCL rank list ||2.50% ||8.75% |
|GEN-EWS rank list ||2.50% ||8.75% |
|SC rank list ||2.50% ||8.75% |
|ST rank list ||2.50% ||8.75% |
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD) ||2.50% ||8.75% |
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list ||2.50% ||8.75% |
|GEN-EWS-PwD rank list ||2.50% ||8.75% |
|SC-PwD rank list ||2.50% ||8.75% |
|ST-PwD rank list ||0.75% ||2.625% |
IIT JEE Advanced Result 2021 Statistics
- Here is the IIT JEE Advanced Result 2020 statistics.
- These statistics show that even though the number of qualified candidates is huge, it does not necessarily mean that he/she will get a seat in the desired IIT.
- Altogether, IITs have a total of more than 13,000 seats which means even at the Advanced level the competition is very stiff.
|Particulars ||Details |
|Total number of Appeared Candidates ||1,41,699 |
|Total number of Qualified Candidates ||41,862 |
|Total number of Qualified Boys ||35,410 |
|Total number of Qualified Girls ||6,452 |
|Total number of Qualified General Candidates ||16,878 |
|Total number of Qualified General EWS Candidates ||5,105 |
|Total number of Qualified OBC Candidates ||9,021 |
|Total number of Qualified SC Candidates ||7,726 |
|Total number of Qualified ST Candidates ||2,752 |
JEE Advanced 2021: Toppers’ List
Here is a list of the top 10 rankers as well as category wise topper’s lists-
|JEE ADVANCED 2021 ROLL NO. ||RANK ||CANDIDATES NAME |
|2050447 ||1 ||Mridul Agarwal |
|2009263 ||2 ||Dhananjay Raman |
|2011386 ||3 ||Anant Lunia |
|6115012 ||4 ||Ramaswamy Santhosh Reddy |
|6103113 ||5 ||Polu Lakshmi Sai Lokesh Reddy |
|1004015 ||6 ||Soni Naman Nirmal |
|1071755 ||7 ||Kartik Sreekumar Nair |
|7002127 ||8 ||Chaitanya Aggarwal |
|2063168 ||9 ||Arnav Aditya Singh |
|6045193 ||10 ||Modulla Hrushikesh Reddy |
Category wise toppers are given below-
|RANK LIST ||RANK ||CANDIDATE’S NAME ||ZONE |
|Open (Crl) ||1 ||Mridul Agarwal ||IIT Delhi |
|Obs-Ncl ||1 ||Priyanshu Yadav ||IIT Delhi |
|Gen-Ews ||1 ||Ramaswamy Santhosh Reddy ||IIT Hyderabad |
|Sc ||1 ||Nandigama Nikhil ||IIT Hyderabad |
|St ||1 ||Bijili Prachothan Varma ||IIT Hyderabad |
|Gen-Pwd ||1 ||Arnav Jaideep Kalgutkar ||IIT Bombay |
|Gen-Ews-Pwd ||1 ||Yuvraj Singh ||IIT Kanpur |
|Obc-Ews-Pwd ||1 ||Gorle Krishna Chaitanya ||IIT Hyderabad |
|Sc Pwd ||1 ||Rajkumar ||IIT Bombay |
|St Pwd ||1 ||Ravi Shankar Meena ||IIT Delhi |
JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling
- JoSAA is responsible for conducting the counselling process for IITs and other participating institutes such as NITs.
- The authority allotts seats to the qualified students in different IITs based on their ranks.
- Further, the candidates will be allotted their chosen colleges and courses on the basis of their AIR (All India Rank).
- But remember, that colleges have their own cutoffs for admission.
- In other words, being qualified will not give you a guaranteed admission in the best IITs.
- For all the above processes, the candidates have to wait for the declaration of the JEE Advanced Result.
- The process of allotment of seats will tentatively start in June or July 2021
- JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling is a centrally managed computerized procedure.
- Finally, after the allotment to the colleges and courses, the candidates are directed to report to their allotted colleges.
Criteria for JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling
- Candidates must have an aggregate percentage of 75% or above in class 12th examination. For SC, ST, PwD Candidates, the percentage required is 65% or above.
- Admission to IITs will be possible only if the candidate is under top-20 percentile in respective 12th board examinations.
- Cutoff of the respective colleges will be deemed final for allotment as per the common rank.
JEE Advanced AAT 2021
After the announcement of the JEE Advanced Result, candidates aspiring for B.Arch course in IIT Roorkee, IIT Varanasi, and IIT Kharagpur can register for Architecture Aptitude Test 2021 (AAT 2021) at jeeadv.ac.in.
- JEE Advanced 2021 AAT Registration started on 15 October 2021.
- The AAT exam will be conducted on 18 October 2021.
- Subsequently, the Result of the AAT 2020 will be published in the candidate portal of JEE Advanced 2021 in October 2021.
- The Joint Implementation Committee will decide the cutoff for AAT 2021.
- There is no separate ranking and cut off in AAT.
- IIT allotment will be done solely on the basis of their acquired category-wise All India Rank in JEE Advanced Result 2021.
To be updated on JEE Advanced Result and more, candidates are advised to keep a regular eye on the official website – jeeadv.ac.in – or keep checking this page for regular updates.
Ques. Who will declare the result for JEE Advanced exam 2021?
Ans. IIT Kharagpur, which is also the conducting authority will declare the JEE Advanced exam.
Ques. When will the JEE Advanced result 2021 be declared?
Ans. JEE Advanced 2021 Result will be declared on 25 September 2021.
Ques. How can I calculate my JEE Advanced aggregate score?
Ans. The aggregate score can be calculated using the given formula:
Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry)
Ques. How to download JEE Advanced 2021 Result?
Ans. Step 1 – Head over to official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
Step 2 – Login using your Application Number, Password and security pin.
Step 3 – Click on “JEE Advance Result 2021” tab.
Step 4 – Candidates will be able to view the JEE Advance Result 2021 as a scorecard.
Step 5 – Save the JEE Advance Result as a PDF for future use.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.