Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) was established in 1981 and is situated in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra. It was founded by honourable Shri Vile ParleKelavani Mandal (SVKM) which is situated in Mumbai. The Institute was recognised by Mumbai University at first which was granted as Deemed to be University on the recommendation of UGC. The Institute is accredited as A+ by NAAC with 3.59 CGPA.
NMIMS provides many courses in the fields of management, engineering, business, commerce, etc. It provides UG programs under 14 disciples, PG programs under 9 disciples. Additionally, it also offers PhD, Integrated Diploma and Certificate courses.
All Admissions in the College are done based on merit. However, admissions for some courses are done based on Entrance Tests. NMIMS-NPAT 2021 for BBA, B.Com. (H), B.Sc. Finance and Economics, BA (H) Liberal Arts. Courses. NMIMS-CET 2021 for B.Tech., MBA Tech., MBA Pharma Tech. Courses. NMIMS-LAT 2021 for BA+LLB (H), BBA+LLB (H).
The students are offered many facilities by the colleges. Some major facilities are Library, Hostel, Computer Centre, Cafeteria, Seminar Hall and many other facilities.
The college provides the students with excellent placement services. The students are given proper training and are helped to find job opportunities.
NMIMS Mumbai Highlights
Following are the Highlights of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS):
|Name of Institute||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Institute Type||Deemed to be University|
|Accredited by||NAAC, NBA|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Doctoral and Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Application Mode||Online Registration|
|Entrance Examination||NMIMS-NPAT, NMIMS-CET, NMIMS-LAT, LSAT, NMAT, NATA, MHT-CET, CLAT|
NMIMS Mumbai Rankings
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai is consistently rated as the top B-school in India by reputed national agencies. The Institute is accredited as A+ by NAAC with 3.59 CGPA. Given below are some of the statistics:
|Business Today||Rank 4||2019-20|
|India Today||Rank 4||2019-20|
|Education World||Rank 6||2019-20|
|Business Today||Rank 9||2019-20|
NMIMS Mumbai Courses Offered
The key details of all the courses of NMIMS have been tabulated below:
|BBA + MBA||
|BSc. + MSc.||
|MSc + PhD.||
|BBA LLB (H)||
NMIMS Mumbai Admissions
All the admissions are done based on past academic records and entrance exam scores. Many entrance exams such as NMIMS-NPAT, NMIMS-CET, NMIMS-LAT, LSAT, NMAT, NATA, MHT-CET, CLAT are going to be held in 2021 for many courses. Admissions to all other courses are done based on merit.
How to Apply?
Admissions to Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is done based on the online application. The steps for applying for all the courses are given below:
- Interested candidates can apply online by creating a login ID on the official website of the Institute. To create a login Id, one has to log in as a new applicant.
- After registering successfully, the candidate will get a user ID and Password.
- After that, the candidate can log in and fill the application form.
- Fill the application form will all required education and personal details that are being asked in the online application form.
- Now, pay the application fees through a credit/debit card. The fee can also be paid through net banking. The application fee for different courses is different. The application fee for MBA for different specializations is INR 1500 to INR 3000.
- Now, the candidate can click on save and take a printout of the application form for future use.
- Submit the filled application form along with all required documents to the following university address:
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
L., Pherozeshah Mehta Road, Vile Parle(West)
Mumbai – 400056
Note: The candidate has to check every detail before submitting otherwise the candidate’s application form can get rejected and the fee will be forfeited.
Following documents should be attached to the Application form while submitting:
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Passport-Size Photographs
- Entrance Examination scorecard, if applicable
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Income Certificate, if applicable
NMIMS Mumbai Placements
The Institute has maintained its placement records as more than 170 companies have arrived at the institute to offer jobs to many candidates. The Institute also has its training and placement cell which places the candidates in big companies.
The highest salary package is recorded for the MBA Program. The Institute also has collaborations with top international universities. The candidates placed through the placement cell have an average work experience of 17 months with an average age of 24 years.
Some of the top recruiters of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) are:
- ICICI Bank
- ITC Limited
- Asian Paints
Some placement statistics of the MBA for 2019 are given below:
|Highest Salary Package (International)||INR 58.61 LPA|
|Highest salary package (Domestic)||INR 38.57 LPA|
|Average salary package||INR 18.33 LPA|
|Batch placed through PPO’s||34%|
|Batch received PPOs / PPIs||44%|
NMIMS Mumbai Scholarships
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai offers financial assistance to some categories such as General, SC, ST, OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates.
Some scholarships offered by the Institute are:
- Students of Graduation are awarded a monthly scholarship of INR 1000 till the program ends.
- Students of Post-Graduation are awarded a monthly scholarship of INR 2000 till the program ends.
- Financial Assistance Scheme for full-time Candidates.
- Scholarship program for full-time Candidates.
NMIMS Mumbai Facilities
The Institute has a well-furnished library, well-equipped laboratories, cafeteria, music room, classrooms and hostel for both boys and girls. Following are the facilities of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS):
- Library: NMIMS has 7 libraries that are well furnished and have well-equipped AC’s. The library has more than 58000 books on business & management, Pharmacy & Pharmacology, Engineering, Architecture, Science and Commerce.
- Hostel: Institute has 2 hostels and 3 rented residential accommodations which are separate for boys and girls. The hostel provides all the necessary facilities to the candidates. The hostel application form can be filled on the official website of NMIMS.
- Computer Centre: The Institute has its computer centre with adequate seating capacity having all facilities in it having new technology. A capacity of more than 60 students is available in the computer centre.
- Classrooms: There are spacious classrooms in the Institute for conducting classes. Wi-fi connectivity with high internet speed is also provided by the Institute to the classrooms.
- Cafeteria: Lunch and refreshments can be purchased at subsidized prices at the cafeteria.
- Seminar Hall: A seminar hall is available in the Institute so that the seminars or lectures can be conducted on the campus.
- Other Facilities: Lifts, CCTV’s, fire alarm and safety systems, safe drinking food are also provided by the Institute. A music room is also provided by the Institute with adequate seating capacity. All laboratories for different specializations are also there on the campus.
NMIMS Mumbai Faculty
The Institute has a strong team of teaching staff in every department. All the faculties of the Institute are highly-qualified, talented and have many years of teaching experience. Faculty Details of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) are as follows:
- No. of the Associate professor: 17
- No. of Assistant professor: 22
NMIMS Mumbai FAQs
Ques: What is the vision and mission of NMIMS?
Ans: The vision of NMIMS is to equip students with good knowledge and educational skills and to identify hidden qualities of students. Also, they want to shape good individuals and make them good future leaders. The mission of NMIMS is to make students into good and responsible citizens of the country and to find out the latest skills in their chosen disciple. They also want to give moral-based education to all their students.
Ques: Is the facility management good at NMIMS?
Ans: Yes, the facility management is good at NMIMS. The maintenance Engineer supervises all the facility management. He supervises all the works such as Maintenance and proper functioning of Fire Fighting Alarm and Safety System, Public Address system, CCTVs, Sewage Treatment Plant and Water Treatment Plant. It also includes repairing and maintenance of ACs along with proper functioning of lifts. There are many more jobs that are done by the facility management.
Ques: What if the bank account of the scholarship holder invalid at NMIMS?
Ans: If the bank account of the scholarship holder is invalid, then the candidate will immediately get an E-Mail/SMS alert so that the candidate would know this. After receiving the information, the candidate has to change the bank account so that he/she can avail of the scholarship to another valid bank account.
Ques: What is the time limit of an education loan and what if they are not able to get the loan at NMIMS?
Ans: The time limit of the education loan given by NMIMS is normally within 3–4 working days in which the banks process the loan. They can also pay from their sources and later when banks give them the loan and the DD is in favour of NMIMS, they can deposit this DD with NMIMS so that they can be issued a refund within a week.
Ques: What is the Application fee for different courses at NMIMS?
Ans: The Application for different courses have been tabulated below:
|MBA (Law)||INR 2000|
|MBA (Entrepreneurship & Family Business)||INR 3000|
|MBA (Part-Time)||INR 1700|
|D. Pharma||INR 500|
|B. Pharma, B.Arch.||INR 1600|
|BALLB(H), BBALLB(H)||INR 1200|
|Ph.D. (Law)||INR 2000|
|B.Des, B.Tech., B.Com., B.Sc., BBA, M.Sc.||INR 1800|