RGUHS was established in year 1996 and is recognized by UGC. The University offers multiple UG, PG and Diploma courses in departments like Unani, Nursing, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physiotherapy, Ayurveda, Dentistry, and others. Also, the University offers PhD programs in numerous specializations. Interested candidates can apply to this University online.
Few facts about the University are tabulated below.
|Established| University Type||1996|State|
|Set by||Karnataka Government|
|Approved by||MCI, UGC Approved|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and PG Diploma, PhD|
|Accepted Exams||NEET, KCET, NEET-MDS etc|
|Facilities||Library, Sports, Medical|
RGUHS provides several undergraduate and postgraduate courses under various departments. Here are more details on some of the main courses that RGUHS provides:
RGUHS Admission Process
At the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, the admission application is filled through online mode. Admission in Undergraduate courses like B.Sc. and BPT are done through merit-basis. This means the admission is based on marks obtained by the aspirant in the qualifying exam. For some other UG courses, admission is based on entrance exams like NEET and KCET, followed by a counseling round. In PhD courses, the candidates have to go through an interview round as well. Based on the merit list released by the university, the students will be required to do the fee payment and verification of the documents to complete the admission process.
How to Apply?
There is a certain procedure that must be followed by candidates while filling the application form for RGUHS.
- Visit the RGUHS official website.
- Click the Application link and proceed.
- Fill in the details that are required to mention in the form.
- Upload the required scanned documents like the student’s Degree certificate, Mark sheets, Certificate of Conduct, Migration Certificate, and the Proof of OBC/SC/ST Category.
- Pay the application form fees and submit the filled application form.
The facilities provided by RGUHS to their students and faculties are as follows:
- Library – RGUHS University’s Digital Library provides students with the best national and international e-books and e-journals. There is a readily available database with lakhs of articles that can also be downloaded.
- Medical Facility – Being a university that is ranked among the best medical colleges, it doesn’t give us a chance to doubt that their medical facilities.
- Labs – The University has different labs for different work. For instance, there are Computer Lab, Physiotherapy Lab, Medical Lab, Nutrition Lab, Fundamentals Lab, MCH Lab, etc.
- Hostel – There is a hostel facility for students with good-quality food and comfortable infrastructure & facilities.
The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science has appointed professors, lecturers, and assistant professors in different departments. The below-mentioned faculty numbers are accumulated from the department of medicine, dentistry, Ayush, homeopathy, pharmacy and nursing.
- Professors: 18+
- Assistant Professors/Lecturers/Readers: 33+
- Experts: 31+
Ques. Is it possible to pursue a PG course in one specialty and then do another PG course after the previous degree’s completion in RGUHS?
Ans. Yes, students are eligible to do another PG course as per their choice but only after the completion of their previous degree. Also, it’s important for a candidate to fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying in any program.
Ques. Can a foreign student take admission in RGUHS affiliated colleges?
Ans. Foreign students can take admission only in the private college after fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The fees also differ depending upon the nationality of the foreign student.
Ques. What are the online modes of payments available for fee payment in RGUHS?
Ans. The candidates can pay the fees in RGUHS through net banking or debit/credit cards. Students can choose the option as per their preference and suitability.
Ques. Who do I contact for grievances related to the examination matter at RGUHS?
Ans. You can send a request along with the relevant documents addressed to the Registrar through your department’s Dean
Ques. What are the other courses offered by RGUHS?
Ans. The University offers many other courses like MD, M. CH, BNYS, Diploma Programs, BDS, MDS, and many more. Candidates can check more details about the course by visiting the official website of the University.