JNU University was established in 1969 and is accredited by NAAC. The University offers UG, PG, PhD, and PG Diploma programs in numerous specializations. It also offers Certification programs in 6 specializations.
Admission in all the programs is based on entrance examination along with viva voce and written test which depends on the course. Interested candidates can apply to this University online.
Few facts about the University are tabulated below that candidates can check.
|Established| University Type||1969|Central|
|Courses offered||UG. PG, Doctoral, PG Diploma, Certification|
|Selection criteria||Entrance based|
|Campus Area||1019.38 Acres|
|Teacher Student Ratio||1:15:5|
|Facilities available||Library, Sports Complex, Hostel, Guest House|
Tabulated below are the rankings of JNU by different magazines/bodies along with their year.
|World University Ranking||#601-800||2020|
The University offers numerous courses and the details regarding the same are tabulated below.
|Integrated MSc. PhD||
The selection in programs at JNU is based on entrance exam and viva voce. While in some programs the selection is based on written test along with interview too. In case of MBA, candidate selection is based on scores obtained in CAT along with GD and PI.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates need to follow the below-given steps for getting admission in this University.
- Visit the official website of the University
- The candidates need to fill the form by providing all the required details
- Upload the documents as mentioned in the application form
- Pay the application fee
- Proceed with the form submission and save it for future reference
The University offers scholarships to students. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships: This scholarship is given to deserving as well as meritorious candidates whose family income doesn’t exceed INR 2,50,000/-pa.
- Ford Foundation Scholarships: Limited ford foundation scholarship of INR 700/- per month is there for MA program students. It will be purely awarded on merit.
- Prof. MJK Thavaraj MCM Scholarship: Under this scholarship scheme there are 2 scholarships of INR 300/- each per month and INR 2000/- as the contingency are provided on merit to first-year candidates of MA Economics.
- DS Gardi Sanskrit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded annually to two MA Sanskrit Studies students for a time period of 2 years. The scholarship is awarded based on the candidate’s performance in first semester.
The University has all the facilities for students like every top University/College. Some of them are given below:
- Library: The University has a well-equipped library that has a huge collection of books. It also has an air-conditioned reading hall for the students and the library has LAN and Wi-Fi.
- Hostel: The University has hostel accommodation for both girls and boys with all basic facilities.
- Health Centre: The health centre at the university provides free of cost medicines to students who are in need of it. Also, the Health Centre has an ICU ambulance that is available 24*7 in case of emergencies.
- Sports: The sports facility is there at the university for students to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. Athletics, Basketball, Badminton, Volleyball, Wt.-lifting, Body Building, Table Tennis, Yoga, Football facilities are there for students.
- Guest Houses: 3 guest houses are in the University that provides bed sheets, pillow covers, blankets, mattresses etc.
- Other Facilities: Seminar Room, Language Lab, eLearning Room, University Convention Centre, Labs
The faculty of the University is highly skilled and possesses years of experience in the same.
- Professors: 81+
- Associate Professors: 33+
- Assistant Professors: 73+
Ques. How is the placement of JNU?
Ans. The University provides good placement opportunities to students of all streams and places them in top-notch companies. Over the last 5 years, data shows the majority of candidates are placed in R&Ds, Corporates, and Academics. Some of the names of eminent recruiters who had visited the campus are Sapient, Google, HCL, Nagarro, Infosys, Kanbay, Amazon, DCM, and many more.
Ques. Does JNU have cultural clubs?
Ans. Yes, JNU has many clubs such as Photography, Literary, Fine Arts, Yoga, Taekwondo, Nature and Wildlife, Cricket as well as other sports clubs. All these clubs help in the development of candidates by improving their personality as well as skills.
Ques. What about the hostel at JNU?
Ans. The hostel of the University incorporates 18 hostels for girls as well as boys. 1 complex accommodating for married candidates. The hostels are quite spacious and well furnished. The hostel provides hygienic food and recreational facilities such as TV, health club, PCOs, indoor games for students.
Ques. Do JNU organizes conferences and seminars?
Ans. Yes, the University organizes many conferences, workshops, seminars every year. The University had collaborated in 1544 national and 415 international conferences. It has organized 454 national and as well as international seminars in 2017-18.