Wilson College situated in Mumbai is one of the oldest colleges in Maharashtra state of India that was established in 1832 by the Scottish missionary Rev. John Wilson. In the year 1952, this college got affiliated with the University of Mumbai and the college management has gone under an autonomous Board of Governors in India. In the year 2005, it was accredited by National Assessment and Administration Council (NAAC) with grade A and again this college was assessed by NAAC in the year 2017 and re-accredited with grade A.
- It is ranked at 7 as the best arts college and ranked at 10 as the best science college by India Today.
- This college provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the stream of Management, Arts, and Science.
- It provides six courses across three fields namely B.Sc., BA, BMS, BMM, M.Sc., Ph.D. The admission procedure of Wilson College is done online by filling the pre admission form for the particular course.
- Candidates can fill both the forms of the common portal of the University of Mumbai as well as the official website of Wilson College.
Wilson College Highlights
|College Type||Private Institute|
|Accreditations||NAAC ‘A’ Grade|
|Affiliated To||University of Mumbai|
|Types of Programs||UG and PG (BA, BSc, BMS, BMM, MSc, PhD)|
|Mode of Registration||Application Form (Online)|
|Application Fee||INR 100|
Wilson College Courses
Wilson College, Mumbai propagates several types of study programs at the UG and PG level for the exposure of students in the field of Arts, Science, Business Management, and a few more. The tabulation below are the courses provided by the college at different levels:
|BSc||Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Microbiology, Zoology, Physics, IT||3 years||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board|
|BA||English, Hindi, Marathi, Philosophy, Economics, History, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, Accounting and Finance||3 years||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board|
|BMS||–||3 years||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board|
|BMM||–||3 years||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board|
|MSc||Chemistry, Microbiology, Zoology||2 years||Must have passed BSc graduation in relevant discipline or equivalent from a recognized board|
|PhD||Hindi, Philosophy||6 years||Must have passed masters in relevant stream or equivalent from a recognized board|
Wilson College Admissions
Candidates who have completed 10+2 from a recognized board or university are eligible to apply for different courses that are provided by this college as per the streams they are from. Students who are graduates from any discipline are eligible to apply for the PG (M.Sc.) courses.
Candidates can apply to all the courses at Wilson College online, through the official web portal of the University of Mumbai.
How to Apply?
- Go to the university’s official website.
- Register yourself and get the login credentials.
- Proceed for filling up all the required details followed by academic qualifications.
- Then select the program and college as you decide.
- Pay INR 100 as the application fee.
- Save a printout of the form (will be necessary while submitting it in the college, along with the necessary documents.
- Submit the application form.
Following are the required documents:
- Class 10th & 12th mark-sheets
- Christian Minority status (if applicable)
- Reserved Category status (if applicable)
- University of Mumbai application copy of the registration
- Migration Certificate (except MH State Board)
- Transfer Certificate
Wilson College Placements
A crucial convention will be conducted on campus to make the students aware of the organization in terms of its relevant job profile, business, career growth, future prospects, and the remuneration offered.
Students who are interested can register with the company representatives on the spot after the pre-placement talk.
Students go through the relevant procedures followed by company directives such as a technical test, group discussion, and personal interview.
The placement committee of the college will be provided with an email of short-listed students and the relevant students are informed -accordingly.
Wilson College Scholarships
Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ NT/ OBC/ EBC categories can avail themselves of the benefits of scholarship by applying through the following portals: Aaple Sarkar DBT, Aaple Sarkar MahaDBT, MahaDBTPortal (www.mahadbt.org.in), or Mahadbtmahait.gov.in.
Wilson College Facilities
- Girls Hostel:This College has a girl’s hostel that can facilitate 55 students with an occupancy of 3 girls per room and it provides all available facilities and amenities for the students within the hostel.
- Library:It has a collection of thousands of books regarding the study programs for the reference of students. The library has a collection of journals and books covering a wide spectrum of subjects regarding the study programs, digitization of old records and of old books and it has a spacious reading area.
- Gym:It provides several infrastructures to prepare students for the Inter-collegiate tournaments and encourages them to enjoy campus games. It has availability of different sports such as Table Tennis, Chess, Carom, Cricket, Badminton, Boxing, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, etc.
- Canteen:The college canteen provides good infrastructure and the menu is economically viable at a reasonable rate in a hygienic environment.
Wilson College Faculty
Wilson College has well experienced faculty. They all are trained to provide students with best of knowledge both practical and theoretical. The teachers are friendly in nature and help students overcome any career related problem as well. SOme of the faculty members are listed below:
- Prof. Dr. Anna Pratima G. Nikalje
- Mr. B M Konde, Asst. Professor
- Qualification: M.Sc.
- Department: Botany
- Dr. Hina Sheikh, Asst. Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D.
- Department: Chemistry
- Dr. Anuradha S Pendse, Asst. Professor
- Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Department: Microbiology
- Mr. Michael D’Souza, Asst. Professor
- Qualification: M.Sc. (SET)
- Department: Physics
- Dr. Zuleika Homavazir, Asst. Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D., MBA
- Department: BMS
- Dr. Michelle Philip, HOD
- Qualification: BA, MA (English Language & Literature)
- Department: English
Wilson College FAQs
Ques: How can students take admission to Wilson College, Mumbai?
Ans: The admission process is of online mode which can be done through the web portal of the University of Mumbai, go to the website for better understanding.
Ques: What is the eligibility for admission to Wilson College, Mumbai?
Ans: Students must have passed the 10+2 examination for UG courses and must have graduated from the PG course. Different courses have different eligibility criteria.
Ques: How is the BAF course offered by Wilson College? What are its future aspects?
Ans: The course is a UG programme for students interested in Accounting and Finance. After completion of BAF from Wilson College, one can pursue many courses such as Company Secretary Ship course, Master in Commerce (M.Com), Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance or an MS in Finance and Accounting.
Ques: How is the crowd in Wilson College Mumbai for B.M.S?
Ans: The crowd is good, the teachers are friendly and the atmosphere is also very positive. It is a good experience to pursue BMS from Wilson College, Mumbai.
Ques: Does Wilson College, Mumbai have a hostel?
Ans: Yes, Wilson College does have a girl’s hostel facility named Pandita Ramabai Ladies Hostel.