Lady Irwin College has announced admission notifications for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Check the Official website of the College
Some of the key points about the College are:
- Candidates who wish to enroll for B.Sc programs in the college are required to have passed the 10+2 examination from the authorized board and admission will be offered on merit – basis.
- As per the rules and regulations of Delhi University, students must fulfill the criteria of cut-off for getting admission.
The PhD candidates can pay college fee by clicking on the link mentioned in official website.
Lady Irwin College Admission Important Dates
|Starting Date of Online Registration for UG Programs (Merit-Based)||To Be Announced|
|Closing – Date of Online Registration||To Be Announced|
|Release Date of First-Cut Off (Merit-Based)||To Be Announced|
|Commencement of Classes||To Be Announced|
|Release Date of Special Cut-off||To Be Announced|
Lady Irwin College UG Admission Criteria 2021
Lady Irwin College offers a three years duration B.Sc program (General and Honours). Students are required to fulfill the required cut-off criteria that have been declared by the college itself by following the rules of Delhi University. B.Sc course and its specializations are mentioned below:-
|B.Sc (Hons.)||Home Science, Food technology|
- For B.Sc. (general), candidates must have secured at least 50% marks 10+2 in English as well as 3 papers from Home Science, Social Science Stream, Commerce, Science
- Commercial Art, Music, Dance, Fine Art, Physical Education will not be considered to get admission in B.Sc Home Science (Pass)
- For B.Sc (Hons.), the candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50%
- For B.Sc (Food Technology), candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50% in English
- 55% in aggregate in PCB/Biotech/Biochem/Maths
Candidates will be selected on merit- basis i.e., on the basis of marks obtained in the 10+2 examination. As per Delhi University rules and regulations, the college will make merit- list of students on the basis of an aggregate of English (Core or Elective) and three subjects chosen out of the subjects (as mentioned above) considered for admission. All students are required to fulfill the cut-off criteria.
Lady Irwin College B.Sc Cut Off of 2020
The cut-off for B.Sc program is given below that candidates can check.
|COURSE||GENERAL (1ST CUTOFF)||2ND CUT OFF|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Food Technology||95%||93%|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Home Science||86%||84%|
|B.Sc. (Pass) Home Science||86%||83%|
How to Apply?
To get admission into the college for under-graduate courses, one must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Eligible students are required to register themselves on the UG admission portal at Delhi University official website.
- Mention all the information asked in the application form like personal details, educational qualifications and so forth.
- Upload scanned documents required while filling the application form
- Candidate need to pay the application fees
- The applicants are allowed to make corrections and update the marks if required in the application form. It will be allowed only for one time.
- Proceed with form submission
Lady Irwin College PG Admission Criteria 2021
Lady Irwin, New Delhi offers an M.Sc course for the duration of 2 years in the below specialization areas of Home Science:-
|M.Sc||Food and Nutrition, Human Development and Childhood Studies, Development Communication & Extension, Resource Management & Design Application and Fabric and Apparel Science|
Candidates who are seeking admission through merit on the basis of marks obtained in B.Sc or Bachelor’s Degree must fulfill the below- mentioned criteria:-
- Must have secured 60% or more marks in Bachelor’s Degree;
- Must have passed Bachelor’s Degree in Home Science with specialization in relevant stream;
Candidates who want to take admission through entrance exam
- Must have secured 55% or more marks in Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant stream/ specialization from accredited institute/ college
Selection of candidates will be done in two ways:-
- Entrance – Based
Students who want to take admission in the M.Sc program are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria because the eligibility requirements are different entrance- based and merit-based
According to Delhi University guidelines, 50% of seats are filled through the entrance- based examination, and another 50% of seats are filled through merit-based.
Lady Irwin College Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Admission 2021
Lady Irwin offers a 2-year B.Ed program in 2 areas of specialization General and Mental Retardation. Admission will be offered on the basis of the entrance- examination.
- Candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Science / Humanities/ Social Science / Commerce with minimum 50% of marks
- B.Tech or Bachelor’s in Engineering with specialization areas in Science/Mathematics with at least 55% of marks
B.Ed Special Education (Mental Retardation)
- Women candidates must have secured at least 50% of marks in the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities program;
- Women candidates must have qualified B.Tech or Bachelor’s of Engineering with at least 55% of marks in aggregate in specialization areas of Science and Mathematics.
Selection will be made on the basis of entrance examination followed by written- test, and interview. The college will announce a list of selected candidates on the basis of the performance of the written test.
Lady Irwin College PhD Admission 2021
Lady Irwin also runs a 3 year Ph.D. program in five areas of specialization – Food and Nutrition, Human Development and Childhood Studies, Development Communication and Extension, Resource Management and Design Application, Fabric and Apparel Science.
- Candidates who wish to get admission into PhD course must have passed a Master’s Degree in relevant specialization
- Must possess a Master’s degree from a recognized Board/University
- Must have secured at least 55% of marks in aggregate in Master’s Degree
Selection Criteria for PhD
Admission will be offered on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination being conducted by DU. All admissions are done on a provisional basis
Lady Irwin College Admission Post-Graduate Diploma Course
Lady Irwin College also offers 1- year Post-Graduate Diploma Courses in Dietetics & Public Health Nutrition (PGDDPHN)
For PGDDPHN course, candidates should have secured at least 55% of marks in B.Sc in the relevant subject or above 50% marks in any of the three subjects i.e., Food Science, Normal Nutrition, Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Microbiology
Candidates will be selected on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the B.Sc Home Science/ Microbiology/Nursing/Food Technology (Pass/Hons.) examination.
How to Apply?
Step-to Step Admission process to get admission to Lady Irwin College into postgraduate and PhD programs. One must follow the below mentioned process:-
- Candidates who want to get admission into Post- Graduate/PhD or Bachelor of Education courses are required to register online at the official website of Delhi University.
- Candidates must click on the tab of ‘PG Admission Portal’/PhD admission Portal at the official website of the university and can get more information regarding the course.
- Candidates need to register themselves by using a valid email ID and password
- While filing the application, candidates are required to fill in personal details like email ID, name, and mobile number which will be used in future
- Candidates are required to upload a photograph and scanned copy of required documents in the application form by accessing the portal by using EMail-ID and Password
- Once the candidates have uploaded the required documents – they can proceed further with ―’ Submit My Profile’
- The candidates can make the payment of the application fee online by using any of the options – Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, and UPI.
- DU registration form print out
- 10th and 10+2 mark sheets
- Birth certificate
- Health certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
- Character certificate
Lady Irwin College Admission FAQ’s
Ques. Is it difficult getting admission to Lady Irwin College?
Ans. It totally depends on which course you are applying for admission. If you want to get admission in M.Sc or B.Ed. courses then you have to put a lot of effort because the availability of the seats is limited. While if you want to get admission in B.Sc. then you are required to meet the cut-off criteria which are generally low as compared to other colleges.
Ques: Is Lady Irwin College of DU good for getting admission in the field of Home Science?
Ans: Yes absolutely Lady Irwin college of DU is good in the field of Home Science because it is the core competency of the college. The college has an experienced staff of teaching in the Home Science field. The campus of the college is constructed beautifully with lush- green areas and lawns.
Ques. What are the career prospects after doing a Bachelor of Science from Lady Irwin College?
Ans. Home Science passed out candidates can get employment in various sectors- teaching, Government and Non-Government Organisations, Catering Establishment, Hospitals, Research, (NGOs), Food Industries, Textiles and Garment industry, Communication and Self Employment etc.
Ques. How many seats are distributed for different courses being offered by Lady Irwin College to get admission?
Ans. Delhi University has distributed seats for different courses are mentioned here:-
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science||127||51||19||10||34||13|
|B.Sc. (Pass) Home Science||277||111||42||21||75||28|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Technology||40||16||6||3||11||4|
|B.Ed. Special Education (MR)||38||15||6||3||10||4|
|M.Sc. Food & Nutrition||28||11||4||2||8||3|
|M.Sc. Resource Management & Design Application||28||11||4||2||8||3|
|M.Sc. Human Development & Childhood Studies||28||11||4||2||8||3|
|M.Sc. Fabric & Apparel Science||28||11||4||2||8||3|
|M.Sc. Development Communication & Extension||28||11||4||2||8||3|
Ques. Does Lady Irwin College offer relaxation to SC/ST and backward category of students during admission?
Ans. As per the guidelines of the University of Delhi, the college provides relaxation to SC/ST and backward category of students in application fee and the eligibility criteria to get admission into Lady Irwin College.
5% of relaxation will be provided to SC/ST categories of students in the eligibility criteria. Also, OBC, PwBD, and CW categories of students will get relaxation of 10%, 5%, and 5% respectively in eligibility criteria for seeking admission to undergraduate programs. Relaxation is offered as per the rules and regulations of Delhi University.