SRM Institute of Technology, Chennai is one of the topmost engineering institutes of the country. The institute offers various UG, PG and doctorate level programs in Science, Arts, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences. The institute also has an excellent placement record in the last few years with more than 90% of the students getting placed in the top notch MNCs.
- Admission to various UG and PG Courses at SRMIST is done on the basis of merit.
- The University conducts its own entrance exam for admission to different professional courses related to Engineering and Management.
- SRMJEEE and SRMCAT is conducted for admission to the Engineering and Management courses respectively.
- Admission to the medical courses is offered on the basis of valid scores in NEET Examination.
- The Highest package bagged by a student is INR 35 LPA.
The application process is conducted in both modes, i.e., Online and Offline. Students can pay the application fee in any mode whichever is suitable to them. Online payment is accepted through a valid debit or credit card. Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of SRMIST, which is payable at Chennai if a Candidate wants to pay in the offline mode.
- The institute has been ranked third in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA).
- QS has ranked the institute globally and has rated it with “4 Star” globally.
- QS has awarded India Centric QS IGAUGE Diamond rating to SRMIST.
SRMIST Courses and Fees
SRMIST offers various UG, PG, Diploma and Certificate courses in different fields related to Science, Arts and Commerce. The details related to the Specializations, Selection criteria and Fees of different courses is given in the table below:
||Selection is made on the basis of scores obtained in SRMJEEE|
||Selection is made on the basis of the scores obtained in SRMCAT Entrance Test|
||Selection is made on the basis of the scores obtained in CAT Examination|
||Selection is made on the basis of the scores obtained in NEET Examination|
Admission to the SRM institute is done through the basis of various exams for the different types of courses offered.
- Admissions to the engineering programs like B.Tech and M.Tech courses are done based on SRMJEE entrance exam which is conducted by SRM itself.
- Similarly, the admissions to architectural programs like B.Arch and M.Arch are carried out based on the scores obtained in the NATA entrance exam.
- MBA admissions are done based on the candidate's performance in the SRMJEEM entrance which is conducted by the university itself.
- Admissions for the medical courses like MBBS, BDS, MD and MS are done based on the national level entrance exams NEET, NEET PG.
- Admissions to various other UG, PG and Diploma courses are done based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying examinations.
SRM University has an excellent placement record in the last few years. The University conducts an Internship and Placement fair every year where a good number of students participate to avail decent offers. SRMIST concluded its placement drive in the year 2021 with a total of 7111 offers made to the students.
- More than 600 top companies participated in the recruitment drive.
- Some of the top recruiters are Cognizant, Wipro, TCS, Infosys etc.
- Highest number of offers were made by Cognizant followed by TCS.
- The highest package offered by the top notch MNCs is INR 35 LPA.
SRM University provides scholarships to students on merit as well as need basis. Some of the Scholarships offered to the students are mentioned below:
- Students are awarded the scholarships on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2. Fee waiver of 50% is offered to the students who scored above 95% in CBSE or in State Board examinations.
- The institute offers full waiver on the books, tuition, hostels & mess, plus a stipend of INR 1,000 per month to the top state, JEE, SRMEEE & AIEEE rankers, sportspersons and socio-economic disdain.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship is also offered to the meritorious students. The institute provides a tuition fee waiver of 25% to 100% to the students who belong to the economically weaker sections based on their performance in the qualifying examination.
- Scholarships for special merits are also offered to the students who excel in a particular field. Scholarship with tuition fee waived up to 100% is offered to some of the students owning exemplary skills in literary debating, fine arts, and others.
Ques. What is the application process to apply at SRM Institute of Technology?
Ans. The detailed application process is given below:
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Register with a valid Email- ID and password.
- Fill all the required details in the application form.
- Upload the required documents such as scanned copy of signature, coloured photograph, class X marksheet & XII marksheet (size not more than 500 kb).
- Pay the Application fees. (The application fee is INR 1100/- if a candidate applies in online mode and INR 1160/- if the payment is done in offline mode.)
- Save it and Print the application form for future reference.
Ques. Does SRM University offer admission to foreigners? If yes, What is the total number of seats reserved for them?
Ans. Yes, SRM Institute of Technology offers admission to foreigners. Generally, the institute reserves 15% of the total seats for the NRI Candidates.
Ques.Can a NRI candidate apply under the domestic category?
Ans. Yes, the candidates who have cleared the qualifying examinations (11th and 12th) outside of India (even if affiliated to CBSE) can apply to the institute under NRI category only. They are ineligible to apply under the domestic category. However, if the student has studied the qualifying examinations (11th and 12th ) within India (even if affiliated to foreign educational boards), he/she can apply in either under domestic category or under NRI sponsored category. They can apply only under any one category and not under both categories.
Ques. What is the application fee to apply at SRM Institute of technology?
Ans. The application fee for the students applying and making the payment in online mode is INR 1100 while the cost of the offline application is INR 1160. Students can make the payment using a Debit Card or can send the Demand Draft to the institute’s address.
Ques. What is the procedure for withdrawal of Admission?
Ans. In order to withdraw admission from SRM University, candidates are required to write an application to the University office with the signature of HOD of the department. However, fee withdrawal is not guaranteed..
Ques. Does SRM Institute offer any scholarship to the students applying under NRI Quota?
Ans. Yes. NRI/ PIO/ OCI Card Holders can simply appear in the entrance tests and can apply under NRI Quota. Foreign candidates can avail 35% annual scholarship on the tuition fee as per SRMJEE Counseling norms.