Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC) is a well-known medical college in India. This institute was established in the year 2001 in Delhi. In 2020, NIRF ranked VMMC 16 under the Medical category of colleges. Apart from that, India Today and The Week ranked the college 8 and 13 respectively among the top medical colleges in the world.
VMMC is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). The college offers medical courses at Undergraduate and post-graduate level both. The admission process is mostly merit-based and on the basis of entrance exams such as NEET. The college offers the best of faculty and facilities to the students.
VMMC Delhi: Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2001 | Public|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI) and Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET, NEET-PG, CET|
|Courses Offered||4 Courses across 1 stream|
|Popular Courses||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline Both|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test Based|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Medical Facilities|
VMMC Delhi: Courses Offered
The following courses are offered to the students at VMMC-
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||
|Master of Chirurgical (M.Ch)||
|Doctorate of Medicine (MD)||
|Master of Surgery (MS)||
VMMC Delhi: Admissions
The below-mentioned are the steps to follow during the admission procedure at VMMC:
How to Apply?
- The selection of the candidates for different courses at VMMC is purely based on NEET-UG score, Class 12 percentage, NEET-PG rank (depending on the course), reservation policies, and the available number of seats.
- The candidate is required to fill the Admission Application Form and register himself/herself.
- The admission application mode is Online.
- The interested candidate must apply to the desired course.
- The candidate must fill out the mandatory sections in the form already marked.
- Next, the candidate must make sure to submit the application form before the stated last date.
- After filling out the mandatory information and details, the payment of prescribed fees must be made.
- It can be done through online mode of payment like Credit/Debit, UPI, Net Banking.
- Lastly, it is advised that he/she must take a printout of the application after submission in case of any future references.
- Once the application procedure is completed, the merit list of selected candidates is declared.
- The candidates in the list are selected for the counselling round.
- Further, the counselling process is completed and the seat allotment process is initiated afterward for the selected candidates.
- Mark sheet of 10th/ 12th/ MBBS.
- Passing certificate of 10th/ 12th/ MBBS.
- Photograph of the candidate
VMMC Delhi: Placement
This medical college does not directly offer placements to the students. Few of the students get placed to the associated Safdarjung hospital. Apart from that no companies or hospitals directly come to recruit students at the college. Though, after the completion of the degree students are eligible to apply and get placements easily on their own.
VMMC Delhi: Facilities
VMMC, Delhi has several facilities at its campus to cater to the needs of both students and faculty members.
- Hostel: There are two separate college hostels for boys and girls that are offered. The hostel has an attached Mess, T.V. Room & Sports facilities. Apart from that 24/7 water backup and electricity supply are also offered.
- Computer and Internet Lab: The Computer Lab of the college is well-equipped with the latest systems for the students to work on.
- Library: The college includes a central and large library offering over 122 journals.
- Health and Medical Facilities: The institution has a dedicated section for health and medical facilities for the students and faculty.
- Sports Complex: Gym, sports ground and various sports activities are allowed for practice at the campus.
- Cafeteria/Mess: There are 4 canteens with top quality and hygienic food facilities are present.
- Infrastructure: Top class IT infrastructure with proper Wi-Fi access and gardens for the students.
- Classrooms: The classrooms are large, well ventilated with theatres and blackboard facilities.
- Other Facilities: Bank/ATM Facilities, Transportation Facilities, Laboratories, are also offered here.
VMMC Delhi: Faculty
The faculty members at VMMC are highly qualified and knowledgeable. They are knowledgeable about their subjects and do their utmost to pass on their experience to the students. The faculty is friendly, interactive, and creates a comfortable environment for the students to learn and grow. The faculty is well-supportive and encouraging the students to achieve their career goals. With, Dr. Raj Kapoor as the principal, there are over 350 faculty members involved in the different departments of the institution.
VMMC Delhi: FAQs
Ques. Can a candidate apply for a course while taking his final examinations?
Ans. Yes, a candidate is eligible to apply while taking his final examinations. He/she will be provided admission on a provisional basis and the concluding selection will be based on the result of the final exam.
Ques. Does VVMC offer internships to students?
Ans. Yes, direct internships are offered at VMMC. Internships are provided by the Safdarjung hospital. Internships are paid as well as unpaid and after the completion of 4.5 years in the MBBS course the students need to go through 1 year of internship at the hospital which is mandatory.
Ques. Are courses offered by VMMC valid for jobs abroad?
Ans. Yes, all the course offered by the institution are valid throughout India and countries abroad as well which helps the students pursue global opportunities post completion of the courses.
Ques. Are reserved seats available in the courses offered at VMMC?
Ans. Yes, there are seats reserved for students as per the reservation policy followed by the college. The information of the reservation percentage and eligibility criteria is available on the official website of the college.
Ques. What is the VMMC campus like in terms of co-curricular activities?
Ans. Several annual functions, socio-cultural events, debates, etc. are carried out throughout the year. Students are involved in numerous co-curricular activities from time to time. The campus is large and properly maintained.