The University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi (UCMS) is a government medical institute affiliated with the University of Delhi (Central), established in 1971. According to the 2020 ranking of medical colleges, UCMS stands at the #3 positions in Delhi as well as in India. Also, the institute was ranked #5th among Indian medical colleges, by India Today,13th by Outlook India, and 14th by The Week, according to 2017 stats. Not only this, the university has distinguished faculty from UNICEF, WHO, UNAIDS, World Bank, ICMR, NACO, DST, and CSIR in panels.
University College of Medical Sciences offers 22 courses in 5 disciplines i.e. Dental, Medical, Science, Paramedical, Pharmacy, and also across degrees like B.Sc., MBBS, MD, MS (Surgery), MDS, M.Sc., PhD. The University College of Medical Science accepts NEET-PG for students seeking admission into Postgraduate courses, NEET-UG for students opting for MBBS, and NEET-MDS for students opting for MDS.
UCMS Delhi: Quick Facts
- UCMS has facilities like Gym, Cafeteria, Sports Complex, Hospital, Hostels, Auditorium, Library, etc.
- The institute is well recognized and listed by the Medical Council of India(MCI), World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Both UCMS and the hospital are in Dilshad Garden, Delhi.
- Admissions to MBBS Programme are provided based on NEET UG Scores. Students seeking admission for MBBS need to qualify for NEET conducted by CBSE.
- Annually, 150 students are enrolled in the MBBS program and 71 for MD/MS courses.
- The institute also offers student internship opportunities where Interns are paid INR 23,500 per month.
UCMS Delhi: Rankings & Awards
University College Of Medical Science is the top priority of the students who want to pursue a career in the medical field. UCMS is ranked 3rd in overall India and has also received a bunch of awards for its best faculty. The institute is rated by many other organizations too.
- It has ranked 10th for Medical by India Today 2021.
- The prestigious institute stands in 15th position for Medical by NIRF 2020.
- UCMC has ranked 3rd for Medical in all over India and 3rd for Medical in Delhi State.
- UCMS is the 2nd most sought-after college through the AIPMT examination.
- The college has received Kanhaiya Lal Gulati Award, Ram Chand Dua Award, Dr. Abhijeet Malhotra Memorial Award, and many more.
UCMS Delhi: Courses & Fee
University College Of Medical Sciences offers 22 courses across 5 disciplines. Details of the same are listed hereunder:
|Program||Program Details||Selection Criteria|
|B.Sc Medical Technology in Radiography||
||Rank in All-India Ph.D. entrance exam|
UCMS Delhi: Cut-off
The cut-off for session 2021 for different courses offered by UCMS, is given in the table below.
NEET PG Cut-off
|MD Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||250-324||2640-2640||-||-|
|MS General Surgery||551-1759||1249-9077||4835-15433||31720-31720|
|MD Obstetrics & Gynaecology||1148-2344||2171-10794||7604-15816||26827-26827|
|MD Community Medicine||5701-5701||8088-46368||26592-27748||32359-48851|
|MD Forensic Medicine||13735-13735||22205-22205||32404-32404||-|
NEET Cut-off 2019
UCMS Delhi: Placements
University College Of Medical Sciences has a high placement rate especially for the students enrolled in MBBS courses. The key highlights of UCMS Placements are as follows:
- UCMS and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital (which serves as a teaching hospital) offer guaranteed placements to MBBS graduates.
- For placement drive students are required to appear for the interview after which they can go for the department they want (If shortlisted).
- UCMS offers MBBS graduates internship opportunities at Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital for medical exposure. (Internship is mandatory).
The course-wise placement and salary record of UCMS:
|MBBS||MBBS Graduates spend 1 year working as an intern in Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, which is compulsory as per the curriculum.||Internship Stipend : Rs. 25,000 Min-Salary(Job) : 2.15 Lakh Avg. Salary (Job) : 3 Lakh Max-Salary(Job) : 8.5 Lakh|
UCMS Delhi: Scholarships
University College Of Medical Sciences provides a bunch of scholarships to every deserving candidate.
- Post Matric Scholarship of Scheduled Castes Students: The scholarship is only offered to Schedule caste students admitted in the UCMS. The last date for scholarship application falls in November every year (30th November).
- Saraswati Foundation (NGO) Endowment Scholarship: The Rs. 2000/- p.m. scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit for a duration of one year, renewable each year at the beginning of the session. Applications are solicited through the Trust in October/November.
- V.C. Students’ Fund: Scholarship worth Rs.200/- p.m. is open to students obtaining at least 60% marks in the last qualifying examination and whose guardian’s monthly income is less than Rs.750/-. The notification for the same is released by the university itself in the month of January/February.
- NCERT Scholarship: Scholarship of Rs.200/- p.m. is awarded depending on the academic progress of the student. The scholarship is notified in the month of July/August.
- CBSE Merit Scholarship: Scholarship of Rs.1000/- on the monthly basis is awarded to meritorious students pursuing MBBS courses after 10+2 CBSE Examination.
- Indian Oil Company Scholarship: Scholarship of Rs. 750/- is awarded to meritorious SC/ST students pursuing studies in the full-time graduate course in medicine. The scholarship is renewed on a yearly basis depending on the performance of the student.
How to avail these scholarships?
Students who are eligible for the above-mentioned scholarship are requested to fill the form which is released by the university and the Directorate of Education at the time of scholarship announcement.
UCMC Delhi: FAQs
Ques: How is life at UCMS?
Ans: UCMS is very strict on academics and attendance, but it also provides you with exposure to extra-curricular activities. There are various clubs to join like choreography, western dance, fashion team, and dramatics. Life at UCMS is a balanced combination of Academics and Enjoyment.
Ques: How is MBBS at UCMS?
Ans: The institute because of its quality education is popular for MBBS courses as it provides a lot of opportunities and exposure to students, including the sessions and also paid internship at Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, which is a teaching hospital for the institute.
Ques: Does the institute provide any scholarship for students opting for UG or PG Courses?
Ans: Yes, the institute provides a National Merit Scholarship for the students who passed class 10+2 with a minimum of 80% and want to opt for UG or PG Courses.
Ques: What are some facilities provided by UCMS?
Ans: UCMS has its very own cafeterias, Library, auditorium, boys/girls’ hostels, computer labs, medical facilities, sports complex, A/C classrooms. Etc.
Ques: What is the cut-off for MBBS for a general category?
Ans: The rank required for admission to MBBS Course for the general category falls between 976-2310.