Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam is a Central (Public) University that was established in January 1994 by an Act of Parliament. This university has been ranked 65th by NIRF, 215 by QS in 2020 and 34th by Outlook in 2019. It is a NAAC “A” Accreditation, ACU, AIU and UGC approved university. A Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) award was given to two of the university’s professors.
Tezpur University, often known as Tezu, offers under-graduate (UG), post-graduate (PG), PhD and research programmes in the streams of Science, Engineering, Management, Humanities and Social Sciences. The top courses offered by Tezu are B.Tech, M.Tech, MSc, PhD and MBA.
Admissions are done by All India Entrance Exams like JEE/ MAT/ CAT/ GATE/ CEEB/ XAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ CMAT/ UGC NET/ UGC CSIR NET/ DBT JRF/ ICMR JRF/ ICAR NET/ SLET and University Level Entrance Exam like TUEE.
In 2020, companies like Infosys, Oil India Limited, Gyrus, TCS, Wipro had participated in the campus drive for recruiting students. 94 students were placed by top recruiting companies from B.Tech, M.Tech and MCA batch.
The University offers various facilities (like a central library, computer centres, hostels, guest house, yoga centre, and horticulture section) for students, faculty and staff members.
Tezpur University: Highlights
A few important highlights of Tezpur University, Assam are stated below:
|Established Year of University||January 1994|
|Institute Type||Central (Public) University|
|Set by||Parliament of India|
|Entrance Exam||TUEE/ JEE/ MAT/ CAT/ GATE/ CEEB/ XAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ CMAT/ UGC NET/ UGC CSIR NET/ DBT JRF/ ICMR JRF/ ICAR NET/ SLET|
|Courses Offered||63 Full-time Programmes 11 Distance-learning Programmes|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.B.A/ M.Sc/ Ph.D|
|Admission Criteria||All India Level Entrance Exam/ University Level Entrance Exam|
|Top Recruiters||ISRO, NDTV, Infosys, Capgemini, Accenture, Airtel, Hindustan Unilever, Microsoft, ITC|
|Campus Area||262 acre|
|Facilities Available||Central Library, Computer Centre, Hostels, Health Centre, Sophisticated Analytical Instrumentation Centre (SAIC), Food Quality, Control Laboratory (FQCL), Guest House, Yoga Centre, Horticulture Section|
|University Motto||Specialized Knowledge Promotes Creativity|
With the above highlights, you surely have gotten an idea about the university and what it’s offering.
Tezpur University: Ranking
Below are the rankings provided by a few known agencies in the year 2019-2020.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) was awarded to Professor Sankar Chandra Deka from the FET department.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) was awarded to Professor Ashok Kumar from the Physics department.
- In June 2020, Shri Pritam Borah, a former student of Tezpur University joined as Lieutenant.
- Centre of Excellence (CoE) under National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE) by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India has been awarded to the Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University.
Tezpur University: Courses Offered
Tezpur University offers 63 full-time and 11 distance learning courses. Courses with their streams, duration, qualifying exam and eligibility criteria of all the popular courses will be specified below.
The below table is for the popular full-time courses offered by the university.
||12th Standard or Equivalent with an aggregate minimum of 60% (Must: Physics, Mathematics, English, Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotech).|
||B.E/ B.Tech/ MSc/ MCA from a recognized university with an aggregate minimum of 50%.|
||Bachelor‘s degree from a recognized university with an aggregate minimum of 50% (Must have Mathematics in 12th Standard).|
||Master’s degree with an aggregate minimum of 55% in the relevant stream (5% relaxation for reserved category)|
||Bachelor‘s degree with an aggregate minimum of 45% in the Major/Hon subject in the relevant stream OR 50% aggregate, if not having a Major/Hons subject|
||Bachelor‘s degree with an aggregate minimum of 50% in the Major/Hons subject in the relevant stream|
||Bachelor‘s degree with an aggregate minimum of 50% in the Major/ Hons subject in the relevant stream|
The below table is for the distance learning courses offered by the university.
Tezpur University: Admissions
Tezpur University, Assam admissions will be based on All India level and University level entrance exam. The best All India level exam has been considered for admission to this university where for PG and a few UG courses admissions are done through University level exam.
Candidates have to qualify for the JEE exam to take admission into B.Tech course, GATE exam to take admission into M.Tech course, CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ CMAT exam to take admission into MBA course, UGC NET/ UGC CSIR NET/ DBT JRF/ ICMR JRF/ ICAR NET/ SLET exam to take admission into PhD course.
- For registration, candidates have to visit the official website of the university.
- Then click “New Registration”, before proceeding further read the guidelines carefully.
- Verify your account with Mobile OTP, then login to the Tezpur University dashboard.
- Select the desired course, check eligibility, submit the online application form after filling in all the required details correctly.
- Now upload the documents and after that, pay the application fee and take the screenshot for future reference.
- Make sure to take out the print and copy of the application form for future reference.
- If you’ll qualify for the TUEE exam, shortlisted candidates will be called up for the counselling process at the university.
Tezpur University: Cut-Off
The following is the cut off list of JEE 2020 (General Category).
|COURSES||CUT-OFF (2020) (ROUND 1 – ROUND 8)|
|B.Tech in Computer Engineering||36566 – 59993|
|B.Tech. in Food Engineering and Technology||51412 – 218701|
|B.Tech. in Civil Engineering||48395 – 136935|
|B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering||42153 – 83628|
|B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering||46963 – 112668|
|B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering||45098 – 114992|
The following is the expected cut off list for CAT 2021 (General Category).
|CATEGORY||QA||DI & LR||VARC||OVERALL PERCENTILE|
Tezpur University: Placements
Tezu’s Training and Placement Cell carries the smooth placement drive for the final year students by inviting multiple top companies to participate. Their goal is to secure maximum students get offered by reputed companies. The process of Tezpur University, Assam is as follows:
- Training: Tezu’s Training and Placement Cell gives training to the students for clearing aptitude & logical reasoning, GD (group discussion), technical and HR interviews.
- Selection Process: Interested students have to appear for the Aptitude & Logical Reasoning Written Test followed by a GD (group discussion) and technical & HR Interview.
- Offer Letter: Qualified students for technical & HR Interview will get the offer letter.
- UG Courses: 65 students were selected by top recruiters with an average salary of INR 5 LPA.
- PG Courses: 29 students were selected by top recruiters with an average salary of INR 7 LPA.
A few Top Recruiters who participated in 2020 are:
|Oil India Limited||TCS|
|Capgemini Technology Services India Ltd||Synopsys(India) Pvt. Ltd|
|ITC, Infosys||Zaloni Technologies India Pvt. Ltd|
|Wipro Limited||Amul Cooperative|
|Cognizant Technologies Solution||–|
Tezpur University: Scholarships
Being a central university, Tezpur University offers multiple scholarships for the students as follows.
- Students, belonging to the North-Eastern states of India, pursuing a bachelor’s degree, are offered the Ishaan Uday Scholarship.
- For a single daughter or twin daughters of the family, the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship is offered.
- SC/ST category students pursuing a master’s degree are provided with the UGC Merit Scholarship.
- Rank holders of University are also provided with the UGC Merit Scholarship.
- SC, ST and OBC students under different schemes of the Government are provided with Post Matric Scholarship.
- From the Welfare of Tea and Ex-Tea garden, Post Matric Scholarship is provided to the students of the University.
- Students belonging to Minority communities under the scheme of Government are being offered Post Matric Scholarships.
- For physically disabled students, scholarships are provided.
- Students of Professional and Technical programmes from the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Merit-cum-Means Based Scholarship is being offered.
- Inspire Scholarship, DBT Scholarship, NEC Scholarship.
- For GATE qualified students of M. Tech, an AICTE scholarship is being offered.
Tezpur University: Facilities
Tezpur University, Assam provides various facilities not just for students but also for the faculty and staff of the university. Below are the most important facilities provided by Tezpur.
- Hostel: There are 12 hostels including 2 hostels with single-room facility for research scholars. All the hostels are equipped with facilities like wifi, hygienic cooking, dining facilities, mini gymnasia, indoor games, gardens, etc. Residential quarters are provided for all the faculty and non-teaching staff.
- Modern Library: The modern library of Tezpur University not only provides 80,000 documents including books, journals, theses, etc. from science, engineering, management, humanities & social sciences streams but also provides access to more than 10,000 electronic journals and several types of databases with the help of its LibSys software.
- Games & Sports: After spending hours into the study and projects, the university has thought of some relaxation by offering playgrounds for tennis, cricket, football, basketball, archery, etc. and a mini gymnasium with modern facilities.
- Health Care Centre: Tezpur University’s priority is the health of their enrolled students, faculty and staff, that’s why the health care centre has a pharmacist, laboratory technicians, staff nurses and a radiographer. 10 indoor beds and OPD services are offered in the case of an emergency. The health care centre has modern pieces of equipment like an X-Ray machine, ECG machine, and autoanalyzer.
- Yoga Centre: Yoga has been an add-on course for students for a decade now. The practice of yoga keeps the students, faculty and staff fit, healthy, and stress-free.
Apart from the above, the University also offers a Computer Centre, Sophisticated Analytical Instrumentation Centre (SAIC), Food Quality Control Laboratory (FQCL), Guest House and Horticulture Section, etc.
Tezpur University: Faculty
Tezpur University, Assam is a hub of highly qualified and quality faculty members. The university has a total of 240 faculty members out of which 15 hold PhD degrees and 270 administrative & technical personnel.
- Professor & Head (PhD): 1
- Professors (PhD): 5
- Assistant Professors (PhD): 6
- Associate Professors (PhD): 3
Tezpur University: FAQs
Ques: How is Tezpur University for B.Tech?
Ans: Tezpur University has good faculty, infrastructure, placements and facilities. The placements for B.Tech are around 65-70% of the batch. The top recruiters who participated in hiring B.Tech students were Infosys, Oil India Limited, Gyrus, TCS, Wipro, etc.
Ques: How is Tezpur University for an MBA?
Ans: Tezpur University has good faculty, campus infrastructure, placements and facilities. Placements are good as more than 80% of students get offered by top recruiters and with an average salary package of INR 6 LPA.
Ques: What is the Tezpur University fee structure?
Ans: Tezpur University fee structure depends upon the course selected. The fees will vary between INR 30,000 to INR 2,50,000.
Ques: How many seats are there at Tezpur University?
Ans: There are more than 1,400 seats available at Tezpur University, Assam.
Ques: Is Tezpur a government university?
Ans: Tezpur University is a Central (Public) university established by an Act of Parliament (Act No. 45 of 1993) in 1994.