Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT-D), is a state university established in 2008. The institute has been ranked 56 in NIRF Engineering Ranking 2020 and ranked 41 by the QS India University Ranking 2020. Amongst the UG, PG, and Doctoral courses offered by the institute, IIITD M.Tech program is the most opted course. Candidates with a valid GATE score can apply for the program. Also, candidates applying without GATE score must have completed their B.tech from an IIIT with 8 CGPA. The cutoff for the M.Tech (CSE) ranges between 39-70 rank.
Why IIIT Delhi?
IIIT Delhi is a state university focused on Computer Science and allied areas. Following are the benefits of choosing IIIT Delhi over other IT Colleges:
- IIIT-Delhi has 24 active clubs for students. They can participate in various extracurricular activities. The campur area is 25 acres comprising 8 research labs and 10 lecture halls.
- There are 2 hostels, separate for girls and boys. In addition, the institute offers 22 hostel accommodations for married PhD students.
- IIIT-Delhi has a record of 50+ successful startups and 18 industry partners.
- IIIT-Delhi has 79 full-time facilities, 51 adjunct faculties, and 20 guests facilities to ensure quality education for the students.
- M.Tech program from IIIT-Delhi is a popular course that costs around INR 4,75,000/-. Admissions to M.Tech are granted based on GATE scores.
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology has consistently ranked among the top engineering institutes by the national agencies.
|QS India University||41st||2020|
The specialization, eligibility criteria and selection criteria for B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD in IIIT Delhi have been given below in the table.
The admission procedure in Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology is strictly based on the marks obtained by a student in the entrance exam or last qualifying exam.
The selection criteria for different courses is as follows:
- B.Tech: JEE Mains or UCEED in some cases.
- M.Tech (CSE): Entrance Exam with personal interview or score in GATE.
- M.Tech (ECE): Entrance Exam with a personal interview or GATE score.
- M.Tech (CB): Entrance exam with a personal interview or GATE Score.
- PhD: Written test followed by a personal interview.
If the candidate meets the required eligibility criteria he/she can then move forward for admission. The application form can be filled online through the official website of IIIT and a minimal application fee is to be paid through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of IIIT.
- Register through the website with your respective email id and phone number.
- Fill in the required personal information and all other necessary details in the application form.
- Scan and upload all the required documents such as photograph, signature, mark sheets and certificates.
- Pay the application fee online through net banking/debit card/credit card.
IIIT Delhi Cutoff 2020
JAC Delhi has released the Round 10 cutoff for admission to BTech under several categories on December 23. Category-wise JAC Delhi Round 10 cutoff for Delhi region candidates (without bonus) is given in the tabular below:
Category-wise JAC Delhi Round 10 cutoff for Outside Delhi region candidates (without bonus):
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Program
IIIT-Delhi offers a 2-year M.Tech program in 3 departments with 8 specializations in total. The departments are Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Computational Biology.
The M.Tech course costs around INR 4,75,000/- and requires a GATE Exam score along with a Personal Interview to get admitted to the course. Candidates who want to pursue M.Tech at IIIT-Delhi must have at least 65% in bachelor’s degree. However, 10% relaxation is provided to the reserved category students.
IIIT Delhi Batch 2021 Profile
IIIT-Delhi has a diverse batch profile for the ongoing year 2021. The gender distribution for B.Tech and M.Tech programs can be understood with the table below:
IIIT Delhi Placements
IIIT Delhi has dedicated a placement cell for its students, where more than 735+ placement offers are made by total of 111+ companies every year. The top recruiting companies include- Amazon, Accenture, Google, Accolite, Infosys, IBM, Microsoft, Magic, TATA, Facebook, Adobe, Texas Instruments, Wipro etc. The institute also provides internship offers to its students.
Listed below is a short glance to the placement details provided by the institute.
- For B.Tech: Institute has a record of 100% placements of its B.Tech graduates with the highest placement package of INR 43 LPA, an average placement package of 17.31 LPA and the lowest package offered at the institute was INR 15 LPA.
- For M.Tech: The highest placement package offered to an M.Tech graduate was around INR 36 LPA in 2020. The average package offered was INR 16 LPA and the lowest package offered was INR 14 LPA.
IIIT Delhi Facilities
The institute is equipped will all essential facilities for its students such as:
- Library: The infrastructure of the Institute contains a library with all the best books in it. Also, the library and the information center has a common study area for the students.
- Hostels: The institute provides well furnished separate hostels for boys and girls and even for married students as well. At present, Institute has four hostels and also housing towers for the faculty members.
- The whole campus is wifi enabled (including hostels) providing a seamless internet connection.
- Institute has 24×7 hours available cafeteria and medical dispensary, stationary shops, gymnasiums, ATM and other modern sports facilities inside it.
- Research wing of the institute has the capacity of 50 faculty members and 8 research labs at present.
IIIT Delhi Faculty
With highly qualified faculty at the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology campus, the institute is committed to impart strong educational foundations and values in the hearts, thoughts and actions of future managers.
All the faculty members at IIIT-D are PhD degree holders.
Dr Ranjan Bose is the Director and professor.
- Associate Professores: 20
- Assistant Professors: 56
- Professors: 9
IIIT Delhi FAQs
Ques: What is the location of IIIT Delhi?
Ans: The institute is located in the Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase-III, near Govind Puri Metro Station, New Delhi.
Ques: What is the average fee charged for B.Tech in IIIT Delhi ?
Ans: The average fee charged for B.Tech in IIIT-D ranges from INR 2,00,000 to 4,00,000.
Ques: Is IIIT-D affiliated to or has any relationship to GGSIPU/DU/NSIT?
Ans: No, IIIT-Delhi is not affiliated to any of these universities; it is a State University in itself and has no academic relationship with IP University/NSIT/DTU.
Ques: What are the qualifications of its faculty?
Ans: All the regular faculty members are expected to have PhDs (Ph.D. or Doctorate) from well-respected Institutes/Universities across the world.