AIIMS Delhi is the most chosen Medical University located in New Delhi. It was established in 1956 as an Institution of National Importance by an Act of Parliament. It has secured 1st rank in NIRF 2019 in the Medical category, the second time in a row. It has managed to excel in the field of medical practices by providing the best institute to provide a good combination of theoretical and practical knowledge.
The university is duly recognized by the UGC and Medical Council of India. AIIMS Delhi offers about 92 courses in different specializations medical and paramedical degrees & distinctions over 9 UG and PG degrees & Doctoral programs. Admission to these programs is based on marks secured by the student in NEET Exams.
This University awards students with its degrees across 42 disciplines and also works in collaboration with many foreign universities to further opportunities for research, student, and faculty exchange programs.
AIIMS Delhi exam has now been replaced by NEET. Candidates who wish to apply for courses in AIIMS Delhi can visit the official website to apply and check the detailed Admission schedule. The duration of the entrance exam is 3½ hours. The entire paper will be divided into four sections of the following subjects i.e., Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and General Knowledge.
AIIMS Delhi: Highlights
|Established Year | University Type||1956 | Autonomous University|
|Recognized by||University Grant Commission (UGC) and Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|College rankings||1st Rank in Medical Category by India Today 1st Rank in Medical Category by NIRF 1st Rank in Medical Category by The Week|
|Entrance Exam||AIIMS MBBS/ NEET|
|Courses Offered | Type||Medical Sciences | UG, PG, and Doctoral 92 courses across 3 streams|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer facility, Central Workshop, Medical Social Welfare Services|
AIIMS Delhi: Ranking
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi is ranked Nationally as well as on the global scale.
- AIIMS (New Delhi) was ranked 338 all over the world in the year 2019 in the category of Life Sciences and Medicine by QS WUR.
- AIIMS (New Delhi) was ranked 1st among all the medical colleges in India in 2019 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019.
- It ranked 1st in India by India Today and Outlook India in 2018 and by The Week in 2017.
AIIMS Delhi: Courses
AIIMS (Delhi) offers a variety of medical and paramedical courses at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels with modern technologies which rarely matches any other medical college all over India.
Concerning the PG courses offered by the institute, the main aim is to enhance training & research facilities for the faculty of Medical Colleges in India. Students are then exposed to new methods of medical teaching so that they could use them in future practices.
|MD/MS (Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics)||
|MSc Nursing (Critical Care, Paediatrics, Psychiatric)||
|MCh (Neuro Surgery, Paediatric Surgery)||
|MDS (Orthodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics)||
AIIMS Delhi: Admissions
The AIIMS conducts the medical entrance exam for a total of 672 seats offered by 7 AIIMS located all over India. Now onwards, the admission to AIIMS Delhi and all other respective 7 other institutes will be through a national level medical exam called NEET.
How to apply?
Here are the steps which a candidate needs to follow for applying for the courses to AIIMS:
- Applicants need to fill the NEET application form through the official website.
- Students are to fill up the personal details & selection of the desired course.
- Submit all the required documents for verification.
- Students have to pay the required prescribed amount of non-refundable fees inclusive of entrance examination fee (Rs 1,500 for General and OBC candidates and Rs 800 for ST/SC candidates) online via e-wallet, net-banking, or debit/credit card.
- Once the application form is completed, take a printout.
Status of NEET Registration:
- Applicants are informed about their successful NEET registration through e-mail on their registered e-mail ID. The status of the application form & NEET admit card are updated on the official website, which students can easily download.
- If the status of a candidate’s Application or Admit Card is not available on the website, he/she should immediately write to the below-mentioned address along with Registration details of the application form through e-mail.
- PG and Super-specialty course admissions to be done basis scores in Common Entrance Examination AIIMS PG 2021 conducted through online Computer Based Test (CBT) examination only.
Ph.D. admissions to be done basis scores in one of the entrance tests (Joint CSIR UGC NET for JRF, ICMR JRF, ICMR SRF, DBT JRF, DBT SRF, GATE) in the last 2 years
Only AIIMS New Delhi accepts admissions of Foreign nationals’.
AIIMS Delhi: Placements
AIIMS Delhi placements for MBBS Students have been placed by flying colours. Some of the notable placements along with the salary structure offered are given in the table below:
|PLACEMENT PROFILES||JOB TENURE||MONTHLY SALARY|
|Additional Professors and Professors||In continuation||INR 2,00,000|
|Consultant Ad-hoc or Permanent Consultants||2 years||INR 1,35,000|
|Senior Residents (post PG)||3 years||INR 74,000|
|Junior Residents (pursuing PG)||3 years||INR 64,000|
|Pool Officer (post PG and Senior Residency)||In continuation||INR 40,000|
Based on the most recent ranking data, here are the placement highlights of AIIMS Delhi:
- UG students (4 years), out of 72 students, 10 students got selected for higher studies in 2019
- UG students (5 years) programs, 6 students got selected for higher studies out of 75 in 2019
- Out of 77 PG students only 5 students got selected for higher studies
- A total of 56 students graduated Ph.D. in 2017-18, while it was 82 last year
AIIMS Delhi: Scholarships
AIIMS Delhi offers both merit-based and merit-cum-means-based scholarships to the students gaining top-scores in the entrance exams held for their respective courses to meet.
AIIMS Delhi: Facilities
AIIMS, Delhi provides the students with a lot of modern-tech and essential facilities. Some of which are:
- Library: The AIIMS Library is well equipped with all modern facilities and large collections of books. The library building is made up of two floors with an area of 27000 square feet and a seating capacity of 300 people.The library consists of around 61,423 books, 53,547 journals, and 14,008 reports in the field of Biomedical Sciences. It receives around 490 journals and 80 newsletters every year.
- Computer facility: Computer facility was introduced to the institute in 1978 in the Department of Biophysics. At this point, computerization was on a small scale and was subjected only to Biophysics. In 1987, the institute decided to teach the facility, and the Computer facility became operational completely in January 1989.
- Central Workshop: The Central Workshop was established in 1964 under the Colombo Plan by the Australian Govt. to market the repair and maintenance of World Class Biomedical Equipment. The Workshop has trained around 206 trainees from different State Hospitals throughout India and the underdeveloped countries in South East Asia such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan & Myanmar.
- E.H.S: AIIMS, Delhi has set up E.H.S. (Dept. of Family Medicine) which was established on a pattern of Central Government Health Services to take care of different aspects of health care of the AIIMS employees and their dependents.
- Electron Microscope: The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India established a Regional Electron Microscope facility in 1983 at AIIMS under its RSIC/SIF program. This centre is now referred to as the Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF) – AIIMS, New Delhi, under the SAIF Program of DST.
- National Poison Information Centre: The National Poisons Information Centre (NPIC) was established within the Department of Pharmacology at AIIMS in 1995.
AIIMS Delhi: FAQs
Ques. If due to some problems, if the student withdraws his/her name from AIIMS Delhi, is the fee refunded?
Ans. Fees and other charges including hostel fee once paid at AIIMS Delhi are not refundable in any case and no certain queries will be entertained. However, the amount paid as caution money will be refunded to the students who were unable to join the course. It must be claimed within one year after applying for the refund.
Ques. Does AIIMS Delhi provide relaxation to the reservation category students?
Ans. Yes, some seats are reserved by AIIMS Delhi for the special/reservation category students, these are:
- 15% for SC
- 7.5% for ST
- 27% for OBC (non-creamy)
- 10% for EWS
Ques. Does the selection to MBBS course at AIIMS Delhi based on the entrance exam only?
Ans. No, the selection to the AIIMS Delhi for the MBBS course depends on the entrance test, i.e., NEET and class 12 percentage in PCB. After the conduction of the exam, counseling is based on the merit list prepared.
Ques. Who can apply for hostel accommodation at AIIMS Delhi?
Ans. All students (UG, PG) of any course, all Junior and Senior Residents, and Ph.D. Scholars are eligible for Hostel Accommodation at AIIMS Delhi. Also, the trainees and students from overseas who pursue elective training in AIIMS are eligible to apply for the hostel facility.
Ques. What is the salary offered to MBBS graduates from AIIMS Delhi?
Ans. The salary details below are an approximate amount for MBBS graduates at AIIMS Delhi:
- Junior Residents (pursuing PG) get INR 64,000 per month (3 years Tenure)
- Senior Residents who have completed PG get INR 74,000 per month (3 years Tenure)
- Pool Officer is paid around INR 40,000 per month.
- Consultant Ad-hoc gets INR 1.35 lakhs per month.
- Professors are paid INR 2 lakhs per month.