GMU is known for the best among Medical Institutes in North Asian nation. The university is found within the heart town of the Uttar Pradesh state – Lucknow. The university was established within the year 1911 and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) & Medical Council of Asian nation (MCI). faculty member DK Gupta is that the Current principal of the university.King George’s Medical University (KGMU) could be a State Medical University settled in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. it had been established in 1905. It offers MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. (Nursing) and DM/DH at UG level. At postgraduate level, the university additionally offers MD, MS, MDS and PG diploma courses. KGMU additionally offers DM, M. Ch, Fellowship and Postgraduate Fellowship in numerous disciplines. Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent with PCB Associate in Nourishing English with a combination of a minimum of 500th marks in combination.
KGMU Admission 2022 Updates-
- For the B.Sc Nursing program, the application deadline is July 15, 2022. Interested candidates can apply through the official website of the college. The application fee is INR 3000.
- The interview for KGMU Post M.D.-Ph.D. Admission 2022 has been scheduled to be held on June 28, 2022
- KGMU Entrance Exam 2022 Schedule has been released. Check Here
- KGMU Lucknow and IIT Kanpur have collaborated to offer SIB-SHInE Fellowship Program. The admission deadline is July 20, 2022.
King George’s Medical University Highlights
|Established I Institute type||1905 I State University|
|Popular courses||B.Sc., MD|
|Course offered||MBBS, BDS/MDS, MD/MS, PGDM, Ph.D., B.Sc. in Nursing|
|Course’s type||UG, PG, Ph.D.|
|Exam accepted||NEET PG|
|Application mode||For UG/PG courses- online For M. Phil/Ph.D.- offline|
|Admission criteria||Entrance exam based|
King George’s Medical University Ranking
The NIRF has ranked the university 32nd, 10th among top medical college in India, etc. and some of the rankings of King George Medical University are given below-
King George’s Medical University Courses
KGMU offers UG courses like MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. [Nursing] and DM/DH for candidates. Details are given below-
|COURSE NAME||SPECIALIZATION||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation|
|Tuberculosis & respiratory diseases|
|MDS||Oral & maxillofacial surgery||–|
|Conservative Dentistry & endodontics|
|Orthodontics & dentofacial Orthopedics|
|Oral medicine & radiology|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Tuberculosis and chest diseases|
|Geriatric mental health|
|M.Ch.||Cardiothoracic & vascular Surgery||
|M.Phil.||Transitional Health Science||
OR MEDICAL/DENTAL candidate must have MD/MS/MDS with minimum 60% aggregate marks.
|Diploma||C.T Scan Technician||
|Emergency & Trauma Care Technician|
|Medical Laboratory Technicians|
|Psychiatric Nursing||R.N. & R.M/GNM with 55% marks (50% for reserved category) in aggregate|
|X-Ray Technician||Class 12 or equivalent with PCB from a recognized board|
|Radio Therapy Technician|
|Operation Theatre Technician|
|Fellowship in KGMU||Orthopaedic|
|Paediatric Neurology||MD/ DNB in Paediatric|
|PG-Fellowship||Strabismus and Paediatric Fellowship in Ophthalmology||MD/MS/DNB/DOMS in Ophthalmology Written Test with Interview|
|COURSES||FEES (PER YEAR)|
King George’s Medical University Admissions
King George’s Medical University (KGMU) may be a State Medical University settled in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. it absolutely was established in 1911. It offers MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. (Nursing) and DM/DH at UG level. At postgraduate level, the university conjointly offers MD, MS, MDS and PG diploma courses. KGMU conjointly offers DM, M. Ch, Fellowship and Postgraduate Fellowship in several disciplines.
- Application form is downloaded from the official web site of KGMU or is obtained from the university workplace.
- MBBS and BDS admission is predicated on a legitimate score in NEET UG conducted at all India Level. with the exception of NEET UG score, seventy seats are going to be crammed on the premise of UP NEET counselling.
- Admission to B.Sc. (Radiotherapy) and B. Optom needs an entrance check followed by an interview.
- For B.Sc. (Nursing) and Dental Hygiene (DH) courses, the candidates ought to seem in an entrance check conducted by the university followed by counselling.
- For MD/ MS and MDS courses, the admission is going to be granted supported the score obtained in UP PGMEE for 85% of the seats and NEET PG conducted by DGHS, New Delhi for 15% seats.
- Admission to DM and M. Ch courses are going to be scored in AIDMCHEE.
- For MHA, MHPEE, Paramedical and Fellowship courses, the candidates ought to qualify in university-based entrance check followed by associate degree interview.
- For M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs, KGMU conducts specific entrance tests followed by associate degree interview. CSIR/ UGC web or ICMR qualified candidates are eligible to use for Ph.D. program.
How to apply?
- Candidates got to fill an ONLINE form that is on the market on the faculty web site
- Application form should be crammed utterly and with none errors for undefeated submission
- Application are often submitted on-line solely on the official web site
- Candidates got to register themselves by making a Login ID and arcanum on the web site
- Once the candidates are with success registered, they will submit the appliance beside the examination fees
- Before going for the communication, candidates got to transfer the admit card, that is on the market on the registered ID
- Payment for examination fee are often done by on-line and offline mode through Allahabad Bank or HDFC Bank.
King George’s Medical University Placements
King George’s Medical University web site doesn’t have any data on the location 2019. As per the information in google search engine, few of the highlights of King George’s Medical University placements 2019 are listed below:
- All the scholar who participated in campus placement got jobs. a number of them started their own hospital
- Few of the highest recruiters for campus placements were from domains like Neuro, Cardio, Osteo, Pediatrics, and so on
- The highest pay offered was Rs 45 LPA
|PROGRAMME||YEARS||MEDIAN SALARY PACKAGE|
|UG||5 years||INR 7.80|
|4 years||INR 8.40|
|PG||3 years||INR 9.00|
|2 years||INR 7.20|
King George’s Medical University Scholarships
A scholarship is given to those candidates, whose family income is less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum as per the guidelines of UP Government rule. KGMU accepts various government scholarships.
King George’s Medical University Facility
- Library: The library is that the hub of educational student life on field. King Saint George Medical University homes a spacious library, furnished quite 35075 books, 2690 book banks and thousands of CDs, journals and reports. The KGMU library consists of a Central Library & separate Department Libraries to assist students and colleges alike have easy accessibility to the course and reference materials through a identity card.
- Hostel Facilities: The University provides separate accommodation for each boys and women. Currently, there’s twelve hostel block that accommodates quite one thousand students. All hostels comprise of the most workplace, security area, and a guest house.
- Medical Aid: on the field, there’s a student’s Health Care Centre. With a regular Medical Superintendent and a team of qualified, economical doctors United Nations agency are continually gift within the care centre.
- Cafeteria: King Saint George Medical University has one canteen with over two hundred student’s capaciousness, with a really chill atmosphere, wherever tea/coffee and numerous snacks choices are accessible. On the opposite hand, canteen serves each veg and non-veg meals to their students/staff members.
- Computer Labs: King Saint George Medical University acknowledges the key role that IT plays in teaching furthermore as analysis. Therefore, it’s committed to providing computing facilities of the very best standards. A high-speed fibre network of twelve Mbps with wireless redundancy permits all students to access a spread of services across our entire field together with all laptop labs and student hostels.
- Sexual Harassment grievance Cell: within the faculty premises itself, there’s a gender molestation cell, wherever students will complain regarding any mishappening or the other connected issues.
King George’s Medical University Faculty
In this prestigious college name KGMU, the Chancellor and vice Chancellor have brilliant team of professors who teach students for their bright future. Some of the faculty members name are given below-
|Dr Shivani Pandey||PhD.||Associate Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry|
|Dr Ranjana Singh||MA, DA||Associate Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry|
|Dr Anita Malik||MD, DA||Associate Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry|
|Dr Shobhna Jafa||MD, DA||Associate Professor, Dept. of Anesthesiology|
|Dr Punita Manik||MBBS, MS||Professor, Dept. of Anatomy|
|Dr A. K. Srivastava||MSW, DHE, PhD.||Professor, Dept. of community medicine|
King George’s Medical University FAQs
Ques- When was this college established and who is the chancellor of KGMU, Lucknow?
Ans- In 1905, King George Medical University is established in Lucknow and Mrs. Anandiben Patel is the chancellor and LT.GEN. (Dr.) Bipin Puri PVSM, VSM (retd.) is the vice chancellor of this prestigious college.
Ques- Is there any hostel facility for students? What is the fees structure of the hostel?
Ans- Yes, KGMU provides college facility to students who want to study here, also there are separate hostel facility for boys and girls.
- Fees for boys’ hostel- INR 4,900 to INR 7,100
- Fees for girls’ hostel- INR 4,900 TO INR 7,100
Ques- what all stream KGMU offers to candidates?
Ans- The University offers seventeen courses at undergraduate and postgraduate and doctoral-level in medicine, health sciences and nursing domain. Few of the course are MBBS, BDS, MDS, diploma and PG diploma.
Ques- How many students are studying in KGMU, Lucknow? What is the average salary package for UG and OG students?
Ans- The University has capacity for 1250 UG students (including 280 dental students) and 450 postgraduate students that means total 1700 students under one roof. The average package for UG students is INR 7.80 LPA and for PG students it is INR 9 LPA.
Ques-Is KGMU, Lucknow is best college?
Ans- KGMU is one in every of the most effective medical faculties in our country. It permits ability learning and median earning of a doctor from KGMU is 8.5 LPA. KGMU offers several courses in medication and specialisation. every year students from all Asian country area unit assigned with associate degree post course of one year.
Ques- How can I book appointment in KGMU, Lucknow?
Ans- For your 1st visit to hospital, registration and appointment with doctor is created less complicated. All you have got to try and do is verify yourself using Aadhaar number, choose Hospital and Department, choose date of Appointment and receive SMS for Appointment.