NIT Warangal is a Public Technical University established in 1959. It is located in Warangal, Telangana, India and is recognised by the Government of India as the Institute of National Importance. The college has secured rank 19 in the ranking list of 2020 by NIRF.
The college has been built over 256 acres of land and also provides various facilities such as hostels, library, atm, banks, centres, canteen, sports complex and shopping complex for students.
The college is popular for its Engineering courses providing undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses and doctorate courses across the technical domain. The college gives admission to students through merit which is prepared based on marks obtained in the respective qualifying exams.
The college takes admission to the courses through the JEE and GATE entrance exam. The admission process is done through the online process only.
The institute offers placement opportunities also the companies that visit the college for recruitment purposes are Oracle, Cisco, Nokia, TCS, HITACHI etc.
NIT Warangal College Highlights
|Campus Area||256 acres|
|Recognized||Government of India|
|Department||Engineering, Management, Social Science|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate|
|Accepted Entrance Exams||JEE, GATE|
|Admission Process||Merit-based on the entrance exam|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Library, ATM, Banks, Centres, Canteen, Sports Complex, Shopping Complex|
|Placement Companies||Oracle, Cisco, Nokia, TCS, HITACHI|
|Address||Warangal, Telangana, India|
NIT Warangal Rankings
National Institute of Technology, Warangal is one of the best colleges and also secured top ranks by various ranking portals.
|NIRF Ranking in the Engineering||19||2020|
|NIRF Ranking in Overall||46||2020|
|Outlook Ranking in Engineering||21||2020|
NIT Warangal Courses Offered
National Institute of Technology offers undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses across various domains. The duration and eligibility for which is shared in the table below:
NIT Warangal Admissions
Admission to the National Institute of Technology is accepted based on merit marks based on the entrance exams. Various entrance exams for various courses that are accepted by the National Institute of Technology are mentioned in the table below:
How to Apply?
National Institute of Technology is a public college and admission to the college is done by filling the form through the official website. Candidates who are interested in taking admission to the National Institute of Technology can fill the forms through online mode.
The following steps should be taken to apply for admission to the college.
- The candidates who are applying for admission to the National Institute of Technology must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must visit the official website of the college and download the admission brochure.
- Candidates must read the brochure carefully and read the details of eligibility and documents required for admission to the National Institute of Technology.
- Candidates must ensure that they have the scorecard of the entrance exam through which they can get admission to the college.
- Candidates must complete the registration process first by filling in their details such as personal information, qualification details, course preference and contact details.
- Candidates must upload all the documents mentioned in the form and submit the form after previewing all the filled information.
- Candidates must pay the fee and submit the form, please do not forget to download the fee receipt.
- The National Institute of Technology college will release the merit lists prepared based on marks secured in entrance exams.
- The college will also arrange a counselling session and interview session for respective courses.
NIT Warangal Placements
National Institute of Technology also provides excellent placement services to its students. The college has its placement cell in which they provide training and personality development classes to students which aid students to secure placement in reputed companies.
The college conducts yearly campus drives and job fairs to provide the students with all the exposure they might need. The students are provided with an all-around training that makes them employable and gives them the experience to start their careers.
The reputed companies that visit the National Institute of Technology College are L&T Constructions, Nokia, CISCA, Oracle, BYJU’S, Deloitte, TATA Projects, HPCL, Whitehat, Blackbuck, ITC, Amazon, Accenture, Citi Bank, Mahindra, Microsoft, Adobe, and many more.
As of now in 2021, around 590 students have already been placed in some top-notch companies. The students are paid an average CTC of 9 LPA to 52 LPA highest.
NIT Warangal Scholarships
- The National Institute of Technology provides scholarships to students who belong to the reserved category (SC, ST, OBC) and also to students who belong to the economically weaker section.
- For more information please visit the college office and enquire from the administration department.
NIT Warangal Facilities
- Bank and ATM: Students of the National Institute of Technology do not have to go outside the college for financial work as the bank and ATM of the state bank of India are situated on the college premises. The bank also takes the online fee and provides admission forms for various entrance exams.
- Centres: the National Institute of Technology college has various centres such as a computer centre, centre for innovation and incubation coma Centre for education Technology Centre for advanced material Centre for automation and instrumentation all the centres are used by students for research purposes.
- Conference Hall: The National Institute of Technology college also has a conference hall which is used by various departments for conducting the conference. The engineering and maintenance unit of the college is responsible for providing the necessary infrastructure to the students. It is also responsible for maintaining all other facilities such as electrical supply water supply building construction building maintenance Gardens disposal management.
- Guesthouse: The guesthouse the college also provides a guest house for students’ parents. Parents can come and visit their award and also stay in the hostel premises at the given guest.
- Hostels: The National Institute of Technology also provides hostel facilities for men and women separately there are 20 hostels out of which 10 are for female students and antenna for male students.
- Health Centre: The college has also one health centre Institute in which two doctors and staff nurse are appointed for assisting the students who need you to need medical help.
- Library: The National Institute of Technology also has a library which is known as a central library. It is responsible for providing books and research papers for all the departments of various domains. The diary is built on 4000 square metres and it has around 180000 books. The library also provides video cassettes, ebooks, pamphlets, journals etc. Students of the PhD programmes can also use the library for research of research work for the thesis.
- Motor transport services the college also provide motor vehicles to help students easily travel.
- Canteen: The National Institute of Technology College has two contains one is for staff and the other one is for students which in short provides healthy and hygienic food.
- Post office: The institute also provides a facility of the post office situated near the boy’s hostel and works on all weekdays.
- Shopping Complex: The college also has one Shopping Complex in which facilities like laundry hair cutting and photocopy and various cafes are available.
- Sports facilities: The college also provides sports facilities to students there are various indoor and outdoor games services available at the college.
NIT Warangal Faculty
The National Institute of Technology has appointed a very experienced team of faculty members consisting of Professor assistant professors associate professors.
All the faculty members are highly educated and experienced, most of them are PhD holders and they are trained enough to provide quality based education to students of the institute.
There are above 300 faculty members working to provide education to the students of the National Institute of Technology and ensure their success.
NIT Warangal FAQs
Ques. Does the NIT Warangal provide activity clubs for students?
Ans. Yes, the institute provides clubs such as dance and dramatics, literary and debating club, music club, photography club, quiz club, and value education clubs. Students can join the club according to their interest and participate in various competitions organised by the clubs.
Ques. I am a foreign student. Is there any facility for foreign students provided by NIT Warangal which will help us in resolving our queries?
Ans. Yes, the National Institute of Technology provides a forum for international student affairs which is known as FISA. it ensures to provide solutions to all the queries of foreign students admitted to the institute.
Ques. What are the facilities available at the NIT Warangal?
Ans. The National Institute of Technology provides facilities from food to hostel library centres for computer placement cell medical facilities transport facilities, banks etc.
Ques. I have completed my BSC but after that, I didn’t take admission in any course for one year now I want to pursue an MSc from the National Institute of Technology am I eligible for taking admission at NIT Warangal?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible if you have completed your 10 + 2 in the science stream from a recognised board or any other equivalent. Graduation from any recognised university or equivalent with science as a compulsory subject. And you have cleared IIT JAM.
Ques. I want to take admission to the National Institute of Technology but I am from an economically weaker section so I will be unable to pay the whole fees. Does NIT Warangal provide any scholarship for such cases?
Ans. Yes, the National Institute of Technology College provides scholarships for such cases. You have to visit the college and enquire about the Administration Department. They will inform you about the scholarship and you have to fill the form there for further process.
Ques: How can I contact NIT Warangal?
Ans. Candidates can contact NIT Warangal by phone at +91-870-2459191. They can also be contacted by fax at +91-870-2459547.