Indian Institute of Information Technology IIIT, Allahabad is one of the top most institutions for engineering, Science and technology, established in the year 1999. It has been ranked 103 by NIRF.
Indian Institute of Information Technology IIIT, Allahabad offers admissions to various UG & PG courses like B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, PhD. Admissions to these programmes is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exams.
Admissions are strictly done on the marks obtained in the higher class 10+2 or equivalent.
The placements are good and the average salary offered by the university placement is INR 3.5 Lakh- INR 6 Lakh.
IIIT, Allahabad is one of the top ranked Engineering Institutes. The Institution has a good infrastructure and facilities like Library, Sports Facilities, Hostels etc. are being provided to the candidates.
IIIT Allahabad: Highlights
Main highlights of the IIIT, Allahbaad, Uttar Pradesh are being given in the below table:
|Name of the Institution||Indian Institute of Information Technology, IIIT Allahbaad|
|Established | Institute Type||1999 | Public University|
|Location of the Institution||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Selection Process||Entrance Based|
|Entrance Exams||JEE, GATE, CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT|
|Courses Offered||M.Tech, B.Tech, MBA, Phd|
|Facilities Provided||Library, Sports Area, Hostels etc|
|Campus Area||100 Acres|
IIIT Allahabad: Ranking
Being one of the most popular Institutes among India, below are some of the ranks obtained by the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabaad.
|Outlook India Best Engineering College||18th||2019|
|India Today Top Govt. Engineering Colleges||9||2020|
|NIRF Engineering Ranking||103||2020|
|The Week Best Technical Universities India||3||2020|
IIIT Allahabad: Courses Offered
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 Years
Specializations: Information Technology, Business Informatics, B.Tech (ECE)
Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognised Board of School Education
Selection Criteria: Candidates are selected on the basis of JEE Main entrance exam.
|B.Tech (IT) Special In Business Informatics||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognised Board of School Education
Selection Criteria: Candidates are selected on the basis of JEE Main Score.
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 Years
Specializations: Bioinformatics, Cyber Law and Information Security, Software Engineering, Intelligent System, Robotics, Human-Computer Interaction, Microelectronics, Wireless Communication Engineering, Wireless Communication & Computing, Communication Engineering.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree From a recognised university in a relevant stream.
Selection Criteria: Selection of the candidates is done on the basis of GATE entrance score.
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years Specializations: Information Technology
Eligibility: Three years Bachelor’s degree from a recognised college/University.
Selection Criteria: Selection process is on the basis of CAT/XAT/GMAT/MAT
|B.Tech + M.Tech||Duration: 5 years
Specializations: B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and M.Tech in Bio-Medical Engineering, B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and M.Tech in Microelectronics, B.Tech in Information Technology and M.Tech in Cyber Law and Information Security, B.Tech in Information Technology and M.Tech in Human Computer Interaction etc.
Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognised board.
Selection Criteria: Selection is done on the basis of marks obtained in JEE Advanced.
|PhD||Duration: 3 years
Specializations: Applied Science, Information Technology, ECE, Management Engineering, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
Eligibility: Master’s Degree in a relevant stream from a recognised college/university.
Selection criteria: Selection of candidates is done on the basis of GATE, CAT exam.
|B.Tech + MBA||Duration: 5 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognised board
Selection Criteria: Selection of the candidates is done on the basis of JEE Advanced.
IIIT Allahabad: Admissions
Students willing to get admission in IIIT, Allahabaad must clear the Entrance examination conducted by the institution. Courses with their entrance exams are mentioned below:
- For taking admission in B.Tech, B.Tech + MBA courses, a candidate must clear JEE Main entrance exam. Candidates are eligible after clearing their 10+2 from a recognised board.
- Admissions to M.Tech courses are offered to those who clear GATE entrance with given Cut-off marks.
- Admission for the MBA courses is done on the basis of CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT Entrance examination.
- For taking admission in all PhD courses, a candidate must clear the GATE entrance exam.
How To Apply?
- Candidates have to fill an online application form from the official website of the campus.
- Fill your details properly as per on your documents.
- Candidates can choose a course in which they are willing to get admission.
- Submit the application form after filling all the required details.
- Get a copy of the application form submitted.
- Selection of the candidates is done on the basis of score in the Entrance exam.
- Candidates are only eligible if they clear the entrance exam.
- As there are different Entrance exams for different courses, students have to clear the entrance exam as per their chosen Course like JEE Main for B.tech, GATE for M.Tech, CAT/MAT for MBA courses.
- After clearing the entrance exam and Counselling is done, then students are selected.
IIIT Allahabad: Placements
IIIT, Allahbaad has an active T&P cell that deals with the placement and internships of the students and makes sure that the candidates get a maximum annual salary package. Being one of the most known colleges, IIIT Allahabad has also a good record of placements in recent years. Indian Institute of Information Security, IIIT Allahabad has 96% placement rate in 2020 that was more than previous year’s. More than 120 + top recruiting companies visited in the placement drive conducted In the previous year.
- Highest Salary Package: INR 43 LPA
- Lowest Salary package: INR 16 LPA
- Average Salary Package: INR 20 LPA
- Percentage of placement: 96%
- No. of Companies Visited: 120+
IIIT Allahabad: Scholarships
IIIT, Allahabad provides various Scholarships to the deserving students. SC/ST get more scholarships as compared to the general category students. Below are the names of the some scholarships that are being provided to the students:
- Post Matric Scholarship: This Scholarship is given to those students who have cleared their previous examination with more than 50% marks and the annual income of the student is less than INR 2 LPA. This Scholarship is also provided to girls.
- Merit cum means Scholarship: This Scholarship scheme is for those students who cleared the entrance exam and are pursuing professional and technical courses. The annual income of the student from all sources must be less than INR 2.5 LPA.
IIIT Allahabad: Facilities
As we know IIIT Allahabad is one of the top colleges in India. Following are the facilities that are being provided to the students of the campus.
- Library:IIIT Allahabad is a big campus as we know, it has library facilities which have more than 50000 books and it has the capacity of more than 150 students. Students can go and learn anything from the books provided by the library. Mostly it has every book which is required in the campus.
- Hostel Facility:Hostel facility is also available at the campus for both the boys and the girls. Boys hostel has around 1800 beds whereas girls hostel has 500 beds.
- Sports Facility:As students are interested in sports, sports facilities are also available like basketball court, Football ground, Cricket ground, Tennis Court, Sports Complex and pavilion.
- Other Facilities:Cafeteria, Gym, Internet availability, Auditorium, Medical Facilities, Research Labs, Computer Lab, Students Activity Centre.
IIIT Allahabad: Faculty
IIIT Allahabad has highly qualified and experienced faculty in all streams. There are more than 100+ faculty available in the campus. Some of the names of the faculty members are given below:
- Professor P. Nagabhushan is the director of the campus with qualifications like B.E, M.Tech, PhD, FIE, FIETE.
- Dr. Ashutosh Mishra is the head of the department of Applied Science with PhD qualification.
- Dr. Pawan Chakraborty is the head of the IT department with PhD qualification.
- Dr. Ashutosh Kr. Singh is Assistant Professor in the ECE department with PhD qualification.
- Assistant Professors: Dr. Himanshu Maurya, Dr. Kavindra Kandpal, Dr. Pooja Mishra, Dr. Rekha Verma.
- Associate Professors: Dr. Sanjai Singh, Dr. Manish Goswami, Dr. Neetesh Purohit, Dr. Rajat Kumar Singh.
IIIT Allahabad: FAQs
Ques. How can I get admission in M.Tech in IIIT Allahabad?
Ans. For getting admission in M.Tech, a candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant stream than only one is eligible. Selection for M.Tech is done on the basis of GATE score.
Ques. Is there good faculty in the campus?
Ans. Yes, there is a good faculty of highly qualified and well experienced Professors and assistant professors. Everyone is highly qualified in their respective fields.
Ques. How are the placements in IIIT Allahabad?
Ans. IIIT Allahabad has a good placement record in the past few years. Though it has its own T&P cell which guides the students in placement drive.
Ques. What is the average annual package one can get?
Ans. The average annual package in IIIT Allahabad may be INR 20 LPA. It may change as per the recruitment and the placement.
Ques. What is the qualification required for pursuing B.Tech + MBA?
Ans. The eligibility of pursuing B.Tech + MBA is that a student must clear his 10+2 from a recognised board. The admission process is based on the JEE Advanced entrance exam.