When R V College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore, Karnataka, was established in 1963, it offered only three branches of engineering civil, mechanical, and electrical.
At present, RVCE offers 12 undergraduate programs and 16 master programs. The college is self-financed, which is rated top in the country.
The eligibility criteria at R V College of Engineering – (RVCE), Bangalore, for bachelors include 60% marks in 10th and 12th standard with Maths and Science as compulsory subjects. For masters, a minimum of 50% marks in bachelor’s degree should be attained by the prospective candidate.
R V College of Engineering (RVCE): Highlights
|Establishment | Type||1963 | Private|
|Affiliation||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Courses Offered||B.E., M.Tech, MCA|
|Entrance Test Accepted||B.E. – KCET/COMEDK
M.Tech – GATE/PGCET
MCA – KMAT/PGCET
|Facilities||Library, hostel, auditorium, computer lab, among others|
R V College of Engineering (RVCE): Courses Offered
R V College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore, Karnataka, provides the best specializations in the engineering domain. With its extensive subject choices, RVCE’s well-versed faculty members offer their pragmatic & informative solutions to their students’ problems.
Following is the list of courses offered by RVCE:
R V College of Engineering (RVCE): Admission Process
The admission procedure at Rashtriya Vidyapeeth College of Engineering (RVCE) differs from the region any prospective candidate is coming from and willing to pursue their education at RVCE.
Eligibility For Bachelors:
- For those students residing in Karnataka, their admission in B.E. depends upon the score achieved in KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test). KCET is conducted by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority). The registration for KCET starts from the month of January each year.
- For those students who do not reside in Karnataka, their admission in B.E. depends upon the score they achieved in COMEDK. The registration for COMEDK starts in the month of February each year.
- The competition is really stiff when it comes to getting a seat at RVCE because 45% are reserved for KCET, 30% of seats are reserved for COMEDK, and the rest of 25% seats are reserved for the management quota.
Eligibility For Masters:
- Admission in the course of M.Tech is based on the score achieved in GATE. The registration for this test starts in the month of September each year.
- Admission in the course of MCA is based upon the students’ score in Karnataka PGCET. The registration for the test starts in the month of September each year.
- Due to the tough competition at RVCE, 80% of admission seats at any master course depend upon the valid score of the requisite entrance test mentioned and 20% of seats are maintained for the management quota.
- The admission at R V College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore, Karnataka starts from the month of January (for the residents of the Karnataka region) and from the month of February (for candidates living outside the Karnataka region).
- Besides that, the admission procedure starts when the result of the requisite entrance exam is announced.
R V College of Engineering: Placements
RVCE has a good score when it comes to placements. Following are some of the companies that come to RVCE for campus placements:
- Tata Communication Ltd
- Nestle India Limited
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
- CITI Bank
- Qualcomm India Pvt Ltd
- Abb India Limited
- TVS Motor Company Limited
- Khatib & Alami
- DELL India Private Limited, among others
R V College of Engineering: Faculty
At RVCE, students will get the chance to study with some of the best people who are well-experienced in their respective fields. Each member of the faculty at RVCE has extensive experience that makes them exceptional in their department.
- Dr. K. N. Subramanya -Principal
- Dr. M. A. Lourdu Antony Raj – Professor
- Dr. Pushpa Agrawal – Professor
- Dr. M. V. Renuka Devi – Professor
- Dr. Shobha G. – Professor
- Dr. K Uma Rao – Professor
- Dr. Uma B.V. – Professor and Dean (Students Affairs)
- Dr. N S Narahari – Professor
R V College of Engineering (RVCE): Facilities
R V College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore, Karnataka, has a lush green campus that spreads through 50.97 acres mixed with a contemporary touch. There is a facility of ramps and lifts to help the differently-abled and sick people to move around without any hurdle. Also, RVCE has a Wi-Fi-enabled campus, which is open from 9 AM to midnight. Following are some of the facilities that RVCE offers to its students:
- Food Court:The special thing about the food court at R V College of Engineering (RVCE) is that it’s spread throughout a 500 square meters area, which caters to 1000 students & staff at once. The food here is also hygienic and palatable.
- Transport:The RVCE campus is situated 12 kilometers away from the main city and more than 20 kilometers away from suburban areas. The college provides a transport facility to its students and staff so that they can reach the campus safely.
- Bank & Post Office:There is a facility of banking services at RVCE campus. Candidates can avail themselves of the benefit through Kotak Mahindra Bank. Apart from that, the campus has a post office, which also offers small saving schemes.
- Health Center:RVCE has an exclusive health center, open from 9 AM to 7 PM to its students and staff. The health center also has an ambulance for emergencies inside the campus.
- Sports & Gymnasium:The campus of RVCE has a belief of “a healthy mind in a healthy body” which becomes the reason for the college sports arena. RVCE has both indoor and outdoor courts for students to play their respective sports. The campus has a gymnasium for them as well.
- Hostel:The campus of RVCE has a separate hostel facility for both boys and girls. Students at the hostel of RVCE get the facility of sports, gym, and Wi-Fi.
- Library:The library at R V College of Engineering (RVCE) has a huge collection of course books, reference books, technical – national and international journals, e-books, e-journals, encyclopedias, and other multimedia resources to make the life of students easier.
R V College of Engineering (RVCE): FAQs
Ques. Does R V College of Engineering (RVCE) provide any scholarship?
Ans.R V College of Engineering (RVCE) does not provide any scholarship while admitted to the college. However, the college offers a Sports Scholarship when the students represent RVCE on a state or national level.
Ques. What documents will I need if I get selected at R V College of Engineering (RVCE)?
Ans.After getting selected for either Bachelor’s or Master’s program, a candidate needs to have the following documents:
- Passport size photographs
- Mark sheets and Certificates from 10+2 standard
- Mark sheets and Certificates from Bachelor’s degree
- Caste Certificate (if asked)
- Migration Certificate
- Score Card from the requisite entrance exam.
Ques. How far R V College of Engineering (RVCE) is from the main city and how to reach there?
Ans.The address of R V College of Engineering (RVCE) in Mysore Road, RV Vidyaniketan, Post, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560059.
The campus of RVCE is approximately 12 kilometers away from the main city, and the best route to reach there is by bus.