Central Seat Allocation Board will be conducting CSAB Counselling Process 2021 to provide admissions into the participating institutes like the IIITs, NITs and GFTIs pertaining to the scores obtained in JEE Main 2021. CSAB Supernumerary Round is a part of that process of allocating seats to deserving candidates.
- In accordance with the modified eligibility criteria, all candidates securing a qualifying JEE Main 2021 score along with passing marks in Class 12 shall be considered for admission (there’s no minimum percentage requirement in 12th barring the pass percentage to be considered for admission).
- The CSAB 2021 shall be taking place separately for all the three channels being-
- CSAB Special Round Counselling
- CSAB NEUT Counselling (North-Eastern States and Union Territories)
- CSAB Supernumerary Counselling
- The CSAB counselling process will most probably take place online.
- The Central Seat Allocation Board shall be conducting CSAB UT 2021 for allocating supernumerary seats in the Union Territories.
- The exam authorities are expected to release the CSAB UT 2021 application form during September 2021 tentatively.
- The admission through the CSAB UT round will be open for those candidates who have the state eligibility of the UTs (Daman & Diu; Andaman & Nicobar; Lakshadweep Khandvi; Dadra & Nagar Haveli).
- Aspirants with qualifying JEE Main scores will be held eligible to apply for CSAB UT 2021. Seats will be allocated firstly on the basis of merit and secondly on the basis of the candidates’ preference as mentioned in the application form.
CSAB Supernumerary 2021: Overview
|Particulars ||Details |
|Name of the admission process ||Central Seat Allocation Board |
|Common referred to as ||CSAB |
|Channels of CSAB ||CSAB-NEUT CSAB-Supernumerary CSAB-Special Round |
|Category of admission ||Undergraduate |
|Level of Admission ||At the national level |
|Authority under admission ||JEE Main |
|Number of participating institutes ||19 |
CSAB Supernumerary 2021: Important Dates
|Events ||Dates |
|CSAB 2021 registration, selecting preferences and printing of the initial fee receipt of INR 21,000 ||TBA |
|Announcement of result and allotment of seat ||TBA |
|Reporting to the respective colleges/institutes allotted for document verification ||TBA |
CSAB Supernumerary 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Every candidate registering under the CSAB UT 2021 admission and counselling procedure should satisfy the following eligibility criteria as laid down by the examination authorities to be considered for admission:
- Examinees should possess the state code of eligibility in accordance with the JoSAA rules or as mentioned in class 12 qualifying score sheer or as updates by the above mentioned Union Territories (Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep & Khandvi).
- Who have not been allotted a seat of NIT+ system in hand via JoSAA CSAB 2021 up to CSAB Special Round II;
- Candidate should not have reported during the previous JoSAA rounds;
- Candidate should not have been allocated a seat during the ongoing special vacant round;
- Candidate who reported against their allotted seat but withdrew prior to the 6th JoSAA 2021 counselling round shall be eligible;
- Candidates who reported at the respective reporting areas but whose seat was cancelled as a result of change in category and hence still not been allotted a seat shall be considered as eligible;
- Post paying the initial fee of INR 45,000 (for General) and INR 20,000 (for Reserved categories) but failing to report at the time of allotment will be considered eligible.
- Candidates who meet the following factors below shall not be considered eligible for admissions through CSAB UT 2021 procedure.
- Those candidates who had been allotted seats during the JoSAA 2021 and had reported to their respective reporting centres within the time frame as mentioned by the authorities;
- Candidates who have been allotted seats in the Special Vacant Seat Filling round shall not be considered eligible regardless of whether they reported to their allotted institute or not.
CSAB Supernumerary 2021: Seat Allotment
Candidates qualifying for the JEE Main 2021 examination shall be considered eligible for admission via CSAB UT 2021.
- The eligible candidates are required to register for the same once the application form is out. On completion of registration and filling of the application form, the candidates are then required to indicate their preference from the options of institutes and courses.
- The seats shall be assigned on the grounds of merit, candidate’s preference and availability.
- Candidates, post the allotment procedure are required to report to the assigned college/institute for document verification, payment of fee and completion of leftover admission formalities.
CSAB Supernumerary 2021: Counselling Procedure
The step by step process of CSAB UT 2021 counselling procedure has been listed below-
Step 1: Registration-
- Applicants are required to register by providing accurate details. They are directed to open the official web portal for the process of registration. The form has to be filled as per the guidelines given and the necessary documents need to be uploaded as per the format prescribed by the examination authorities.
Step 2: Selection of Preference-
- Candidates must fill the choice of their institute/college and courses according to their preference as laid down in the seat matrix. Once they have made up their mind and confirmed their choice, they are required to save the changes and submit.
Step 3: Seat Allotment-
- Candidates shall be allotted seats pertaining to their JEE Main 2021 scores thereby on the basis of merit. The seat allotment shall be done after subtracting the seats filled during the Home State Quota of the total Supernumerary seats in relation to the respective Union Territory.
Step 4: Reporting at the allotted institute-
- Followed by the seat allotment, the candidates are required to report at their respective college/institute for the process of document verification, payment of fee and completion of other formalities of admission. It should be kept in mind that the rules regarding age, PwD, category, original documents, state of eligibility, restrictions, qualifications are the same as the JoSAA rules.
Step 5: Responding to queries-
- During the process of document verification there may be queries raised by the Verifying Officers. The candidate is required to resolve the same and send in their responses via the CSAB official portal within the scheduled deadline.
CSAB Supernumerary 2021: Payment of Fee
Any candidate depositing the initial fee, must pay the balance fee during the time of reporting at the allotted institute. Fee details are prescribed in the table below:
|Category ||Fee Details |
|General Category ||INR 35,000 |
|SC, ST, OBC, PwD, NCL, SC-PwD, GEN- PwD and ST- PwD ||INR 15,000 |
CSAB Supernumerary 2021: Seat Matrix
The seat matrix chart for the year of 2021 has not been officially released yet. However, the candidates can go through the seat matrix arrangement CSAB UT, 2020 to get an idea of the same.
|Union Territory ||NIT ||Maximum Seats |
|Daman & Diu ||SVNIT Surat ||23 |
|Andaman & Nicobar ||NIT Durgapur ||47 |
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli ||SVNIT Surat ||10 |
|Lakshadweep & Khandvi ||NIT Calicut ||33 |
|– ||Total ||113 |
Q: What is a supernumerary quota?
Ans. Supernumerary quota refers to the seats over and above the seat matrix issued by the government.
Q: When will the registrations for CSAB counselling start?
Ans. CSAB counselling registrations 2021 will tentatively start in September 2021.
Q: Can the seat acceptance fee for CSAB be refunded?
Ans. Yes, seat acceptance fee is refunded in case of withdrawal after a deduction of Rs 1,500.
Q: When will CSAB counselling 2021 start?
Ans. CSAB counselling will start after the JoSAA counselling gets completed.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.